Rainbow Inchie Swap

Hasmom99

Rainbow Inchie Swap

Post by Hasmom99 »

Ever since Pam’s last inchie swap, and someone’s post about how they displayed them by color (sorry, I can’t remember if that was on PAO or the old CS Chat Board), I’ve been thinking about doing a Rainbow Inchie Swap. I’ve participated in a lot of swaps since I joined CS Chat and PAO, but this will be my first time hosting. Below is the general description of inchies from Pam’s swap. The difference with this one is that each person will make 12 inchies in each of the 12 colors listed below. I’ve chosen these colors because I think they will look good displayed on a white background, although they can be used anyway you want. Each inchie does not have to be monochromatic – just primarily in the key color. Please join in on my first time hosting a swap.
1. pink
2. red
3. dark orange
4. light orange
5. yellow
6. light green
7. dark green
8. teal
9. dark blue
10. lilac
11. purple
12. black

Mail by: 6/15/09

What are Inchies? A 1"x1" square of cardstock embellished as desired; typically used to convey a concept, idea, feeling or sentiment. Begin with a 1" x 1" square of cardstock. The only rule is that the surface needs to be 1"x1". - You can stamp, collage, doodle or draw it; add words, texture, frames, epoxy tiles, decorative papers, old book pages, definitions, Diamond glaze/Crystal Effects/sepia glue/Perfect Pearls, glitter, liquid applique, tiny embellies like pearls, tiny brads, buttons, pin heads, fibers - the list is endless - if you think of something cool - try it. Put your initials someplace on the BACK of the inchie.

We will be trading 144 inchies (just one piece of 12x12 paper). I will trade out in groups of 12. Remember that you DON'T HAVE TO DECORATE EACH INCHIE SEPARATELY. You can collage a larger piece of paper or a POP and cut into inchies, then add little embellies, if you wish.

What to do with them? Make framed wall art, adhere to 1.25x1.25 piece of chipboard and make jewelry (cover with UTEE) or magnets, use to embellish layouts or cards....Tell us what you do with your "inchies"! There are lots of examples in the Galleria's Club Scrap Challenge/Altered Art Wing, so go check out some of the great artwork!

When mailing, use a padded envelope for thicker inchies. Enclose a self addressed, stamped (NOT the Post Office printed tape stamp) envelope for return. PLEASE, PACKAGE YOUR INCHIES IN SMALL INDIVIDUAL PACKAGES OF 12: You can use small baggies or wrap in saran wrap, but wrap each trade of 12 in individual package. This means each package should contain a mixed set of 12 different colors, not all 12 of the same color.

Mail to:
Lynn Levy
1817 Carmel Place
Maple Glen, PA 19002
gwendols

Re: Rainbow Inchie Swap

Post by gwendols »

I'm in!! I got a bunch of the cute inchie stamps and want to play with them. :)
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I have never done and inchie but I think now is the time to try! I'm going for it.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Pam in FL

Post by Pam in FL »

Lynn, I think I am going to do this one. I like the idea of using particular colors. I have put some of mine in a 12x12 frame but did not put them in a color order. I just put them down randomly. I like the way it came out but I'm really facinated with your idea.
Thanks, Pam in FL.....
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Me too, me too!
FARLEY in Sacramento
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Let me ask, is it best to cut all the squares before decorating? I guess with doing different colors it would have to be that way. So I guess I answered my own question. Christy I loved looking at them. I haven't spent much time at all on SCS.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Okay - I'm in!
Pam Cook #48
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

Christy,
I had no idea there was one there. Those samples are great!

Cheryl,
You don't need to decorate each square after it is cut. If you want to do something uniform on them, or stamp a background, you can decorate a 1 inch by 12 inch piece in each color (or a 2 x 6), then cut them. When I have done inchie swaps before, I usually do that in groups of 12 inchs, then after I cut them, I might add a flower or some other final embellishment. I hope that helps. If you focus on doing 12 at a time, it actually goes pretty fast. I usually use scraps from other projects, in particular the Monthly ATC Swap on the CS Board. I usually have enough small pieces that I just make a few inchies along with the ATC's. HTH

I am glad people are enthusiastic about this swap. :)
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Thanks for the tip Lynn! That is exactly what I am going to do. Working on 12 is so much easier!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Becky

Post by Becky »

The inchies look great displayed in color groups!

Please sign me up for this swap - I was just thinking it had been a while since I'd made any inchies. :D
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

:bump: :bump: :bump: We'd love more players. :)
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

There is still time to join if anyone is interested. I posted this on the CS message board also, so we do have enough participants, but more is better. :) Here is a spoiler of the ones I made.
Attachments
Rainbow Inchies.jpg
Rainbow Inchies.jpg (77.72 KiB) Viewed 460 times
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

:bump: We welcome more participants. :creating: There is still time.
cnedaria

Post by cnedaria »

How did I miss this the first time around? I'm in!