Glue, anyone?

Save some $ Find out what works
pbp908

Glue, anyone?

Post by pbp908 »

Actually, I'm in search of. Glue, that is. Is there anything that works as well as CS' book binding glue? I'm in the dregs of my last 8 oz. bottle and they're out of stock. I don't want to wait until they have it back in stock to get more because I have several projects in process. Plus I don't want to pay their high flat shipping rates for just glue, as that's all I'll be ordering. Does anything else measure up to that particular glue? I figure if anyone knows, you guys do! ;)
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
LadyJaine

Re: Glue, anyone?

Post by LadyJaine »

CS Bookbinding glue is a PVA glue, or PolyVinyl Acetate. I get mine from Dick Blick art materials. It's $9.69 for 16 ounces. Ummm.... Club Scrap sells 2 ounces for $3.50 and 8 ounces for $7.95. Dick Blick shipping is cheaper, too.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

2nd dick blick
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

The Ultimate Glue found at Hobby Lobby or Michaels
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

PAPER SOURCE has PVA (16 oz.) for $8.50. $8.00 shipping on orders $0 - $39. Due to weight of glue, not sure of actual shipping charges.

Good stuff. :D

Pat
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Thank you all!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

Thanks for posting this! I had to be in Phila. for a meeting today (I live and work in the burbs) and there is a fairly new Dick Blick across the street from where I had to be. I managed to get over there and pick up this PVA glue. It seems like a much more economical size than the CS bottles. I never would have known what to buy without this thread. Maybe now I will get some of my projects finished!
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Hasmom99 wrote:Thanks for posting this! I had to be in Phila. for a meeting today (I live and work in the burbs) and there is a fairly new Dick Blick across the street from where I had to be.
Lucky you
I love ordring from them. A real life store near me might be hazardous to the wallet.