Deck of Art....Jack of Clubs

The Deck of Art challenge is where you use old playing cards as a base for altered art. Once card is chosen per week, with a theme, and results are posted here.
azemigh

Re: Deck of Art....Jack of Clubs

Post by azemigh »

Really cool, Donna! Do tell!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I just finished looking at all the wonderful ideas here. This is one of the 2 cards I have not completed. I am totally at a brick wall. I am going to search the web and hope to have this one done before the weekend. The Circus is not something I have any interest in. I am going to try for the big top.

I did find something to use so I will have this one finished by tomorrow. So glad I found some hints from all of you.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
donnak

Post by donnak »

mpizzazz wrote:Oh, I love that, Donna, with the harlequin pattern over the photo. Did you do that digitally?
Heh, heh! I cheated and printed the photo in standard quality over some old yellow CS Poetic paper (already has the harlequin pattern on it). . . I was experimenting and it worked out so good!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

That thought did cross my mind, Donna, but I figured it would be more high tech than that!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Holly

Post by Holly »

Really Terrific Donna! Great idea, and executed wonderfully well.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I am so happy that I am now caught up with this. I turned to clip art for this one.
Big Top.jpg
Big Top.jpg (44.44 KiB) Viewed 319 times
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Holly

Post by Holly »

Ok Cheryl-- way to go!
jdrhope

Post by jdrhope »

great job cheryl
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Great card Cheryl! Love that photo of the "Big Top"!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I'm going to get caught up some day...
When you're 7 and have the most vivid nightmare about being kidnapped by a clown, you never get over the creepiness factor...I'll admit I struggled with this theme.
This my "Angus" named after Angus Young of AC/DC because when we first found him, he was never, ever still. Turns out, he's a bit mentally challenged - the biggest scaredy-cat (pun intended) on the face of the earth. His eyes are never facing the same direction either. DH calls him "little lion" when he poses in the sunlight.
Anyway, I've played with this long enough - here it is and it makes me laugh every time I see it.
angus king (Small).jpg
angus king (Small).jpg (41.34 KiB) Viewed 267 times
Pam Cook #48
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

love, love, love this card! MY son wanted to adopt a cat at the SPCA named "Stinky" ......he was completely crosseyed and my son loved him....SPCA did not recommend him for family with very small children however. I love your cat and your manipulation of the image to make him a clown....
cnedaria

Post by cnedaria »

I love it, Pam! What a beautiful cat, great interpretation of the theme, and an outstanding job! :happywave:
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

Ladies:

All your art is amazing, and intimidating especially since I am so behind.. not sure when I stopped posting? Will have to back track..

Here is my interpretation of Circus.. still trying to use all my CS stuff.. how did I manage to accumulate so much stuff??
Attachments
rsz_scan0001.jpg
rsz_scan0001.jpg (146.5 KiB) Viewed 223 times
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Same way we all did - several shipments a month for several years! :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Paula

Post by Paula »

Maritza, nice card. I never think to pull out my stamps or stencils. I think I need to write a post it to remind myself! Great job!

Paula