Deck of Art...Queen of Hearts

The Deck of Art challenge is where you use old playing cards as a base for altered art. Once card is chosen per week, with a theme, and results are posted here.
scrappin nurse

Re: Deck of Art...Queen of Hearts

Post by scrappin nurse »

I am always so amazed at the talent in this group. All of the cards are so beautiful!
Jenni Benni

Post by Jenni Benni »

Those are all beautiful. Love them.
Jenni Benni
Mom to 3 sweet little boys.
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

pugmom wrote:Everyone's cards are so beautiful and creative. This is so much fun -- I think I'm hooked on ATCs now!

Here's my card for this week -- a little collage. While the gold EP at the bottom was melting, I added some microbeads to make it look like sand.
deck of art - Queen of Hearts.jpg
Sue your work is amazing... I remember something about you being new to ATC??? .. no way!!!... your work is fabulous!
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

azemigh wrote:Here is mine. This is my all time favorite Michelle Zindorf tutorial. It was a little tough to do it this small, but I'm happy with it.

Rachelle

this is life like... awesome.. please elaborate about "Michelle Zindorf"?? I do not recognize the name.. is he another Tim?
Holly

Post by Holly »

Maritza wrote:
azemigh wrote:Here is mine. This is my all time favorite Michelle Zindorf tutorial. It was a little tough to do it this small, but I'm happy with it.

Rachelle

this is life like... awesome.. please elaborate about "Michelle Zindorf"?? I do not recognize the name.. is he another Tim?
SHE
and I think if you google the name -- you can catch some of her videos on how to do this.
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Maritza wrote:

Rachelle

Here is the link to Michelle Zindorf's tutorial called Moody Palms which I pretty much copied for my Queen of Hearts card.

http://zindorf.blogs.splitcoaststampers ... -tutorial/

I can get lost for hours looking at her beautiful artwork.
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

thanks Ladies

:mrgreen: Michelle not Michael.. got it..LOL
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

bump......card and theme change tomorrow.....you're on deck Jen H!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I am SO far behind! You all have set the bar so high - I'm intimidated...not that being intimidated has ever stopped me before ;).
Really - very beautiful pieces everyone. Each and every one of them is outstanding.
Pam Cook #48
Ruth Ann Landry

but think of it this way, Pam...these cards are for YOU! this is a great opportunity to try a little something you might not want to try in a swap due to materials used or cost or having enough to make 10....you can go for the BOM theme that several ladies have decided on....whatever..I have found it so nice to make something for me as I never seem to do that. I'm loving what I see here, too...and I wonder if so many of them are over the top because we only have to make one and can keep it for a change????
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Phew, I remembered to finish this when I got back up to my Mom's house today. Of course, I left the stamp set up here and couldn't do it as planned at home. Continuing with a personal theme, this is a photo of a half destroyed house from a big storm in my hometown in March, 1962. I always liked this photo of the house sitting there broken in half with the calm Barely visible ocean in the background.
I really couldn't think of anything else to do to this other than some ink and chalks around the edges to bring out the texture of the paper. I don't want to distract from the angle of the second floor jutting out over nothing. Anyone have any suggestions? I did put the month and year on the back. Nothing startling on the back, it's a store bought queen of hearts.

Ok, I've added blue and green to the ocean, mostly green, afterall, it was the Atlantic Ocean in March!
In real life, it is a bit greener but this photo is truer to the color of the actual chalking around the edges than the other one.

thanks for the idea, I would have never thought of that.
Attachments
Queen of Hearts 2
Queen of Hearts 2
IMG_7299.JPG (65.65 KiB) Viewed 206 times
Queen of Hearts
Queen of Hearts
IMG_7288.JPG (46.24 KiB) Viewed 232 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Dani Larcom

Post by Dani Larcom »

Maybe some tinting - especially the ocean - it's not so obvious to me. I think this photo is great!
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Love the card, Marianne! I think it would be cool, like Dani said to tint the water maybe with chalk or something.
Ruth Ann Landry

amazing photo...I agree on tinting the water to highlight "ocean" and what it can do!
Holly

Post by Holly »

A lot of history going into your deck Marianne! Great job. I agree about tinting the ocean, but still after all it's your call.