Chihuly

azemigh

Re: Chihuly

Post by azemigh »

I'm working on a Chihuly album for my mom's birthday present this year. I think I will use the LO on the first post as the cover. Here are the first 2 pages I've finished depicting the blue agave. Pure and Simple elements were used. I did grab some of the blue from the pics to tint the green a little in the paper.
Attachments
BlueAgaveLowMerge.jpg
BlueAgaveLowMerge.jpg (70.08 KiB) Viewed 432 times
Paula

Post by Paula »

OOOH very nice, love the colors :clap: Wasn't that exhibit amazing?

Paula
donnak

Post by donnak »

Rachelle - you were so right - the exhibition is amazing! I took over 100 photos and ds and g/f took about the same. I've already scrapped most of mine and will be making a mini-book with ds' photos (soon as the CD arrives). I'll try to upload and post a few today!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I've seen so many scrapbook pages of Chihuly exhibits and I am always amazed. They're breath-takingly beautiful, aren't they?

Love your pages!
Pam Cook #48
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Another for the Chihuly album. This one is called the Sun and the Moon for the two sculptures depicted in the pics.

I used a Pure & Simple Template turned 90 degrees; Common Threads teal print with the opacity reduced; Common threads gold; Cyprus dark blue; Artifacts red print; Pure & Simple round tags with a blue tinting and beads.
Attachments
TheSunandtheMoonLow.jpg
TheSunandtheMoonLow.jpg (56.47 KiB) Viewed 409 times
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

these are breathtaking
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I have a couple more Chihuly pages done. These are the fire spikes. Pure & Simple papers and elements,
Attachments
FireSpikesLowMerge.jpg
FireSpikesLowMerge.jpg (70.76 KiB) Viewed 394 times
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

That layout is breathtaking! The curves of the glass echo the curves in the paper design (or the other way around LOL). Nice job!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

did a little digi while I was out of town. This sculpture was called Mexican Hat and was HUGE. Amazing how they make these really large sculptures out of glass.

Artifacts red and translucent; Pure and Simple green; Art i(s) fact cut out. Pure and Simple letters.
Attachments
MexicanHatLow.jpg
MexicanHatLow.jpg (54.09 KiB) Viewed 354 times
Holly

Post by Holly »

Rachelle-- this whole album rocks. Great use of the paper and the colors in the pics pop!
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I've been working on this one for awhile and am finally calling it done. I also got a RARE sub job. Thought I was done for the year since school's out next week, but alas a bonus.

This one uses the Henna kit and Pure & Simple letters to keep the continuity of the album. Orange Saguaros and Chandelier.

And it looking at the 2 LOs merged together I think I need to go make that ampersand a little smaller.
Attachments
OrangeSaguarosMergeLow.jpg
OrangeSaguarosMergeLow.jpg (66.42 KiB) Viewed 322 times
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

this whole album is one of the most beautiful things I've seen! Stellar!!!
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Such vibrant colors! Just beautiful!
Paula

Post by Paula »

I agree, Rachelle, a great job for a wonderful book :clap: :clap: :clap:
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I'm slowly plodding along with my Chihuly album. These 2 are of the Blue Organ Pipes and the Blue Fiddlehead Ferns. I have to give a great big THANK YOU!! :happy94: to Donna K. for sharing her wonderful close up photo with me. It's really gorgeous and is a great focal point.

I played with making brushes out of the rubber stamps this time and love how that turned out. Also did some gradient blue washes over the papers to tone down the green from Pure & Simple.
Attachments
BlueOrganPipesLow.jpg
BlueOrganPipesLow.jpg (50.3 KiB) Viewed 286 times
BlueFiddleheadsLow.jpg
BlueFiddleheadsLow.jpg (43.35 KiB) Viewed 286 times