a fun technique to try....more samples....

New tricks to amaze your friends
scrappin nurse

Re: a fun technique to try....more samples....

Post by scrappin nurse »

ChristyB wrote:here is a card I just did up.
I ran the light purple through the cuttlebug embossing folder-ran the versamark over the raised words & colored with 2 colors of chalk.
stamped the flower on vellum and colored with chalk, tore it out and inked the edges.

Thanks Ruth Ann for reminding me of this, it's fun.
Lovely card Christy! I bought that embossing folder when I was in the states. You are so creative. BTW, is this why you were looking for your vellum tape? The BB glue worked well! ;)
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

scrappin nurse wrote:

Lovely card Christy! I bought that embossing folder when I was in the states. You are so creative. BTW, is this why you were looking for your vellum tape? The BB glue worked well! ;)
it is. I've found that if I use a very thin layer of bb glue and spread over the entire back with my finger it will be invisible when it drys. I was just being lazy in wanting the tape ;)
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Wow--that's very pretty!
southernpeach35

Post by southernpeach35 »

sooo pretty, Christy!! I love, love purples!!
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

Ruth Ann - thank you for this thread - I've had chalks in my stash for ages. Once in a while I'll bring them out and try to chalk over dry embossing - never thought of that - but now!!!!!! I have to try it - that technique is beautiful.