cd plastic cases

Save some $ Find out what works
Laurie

cd plastic cases

Post by Laurie »

Okay. I have taken all my stamps off the wooden blocks and put the ez mount foam on them. I placed them on page protectors and took them with me this weekend on our NC Retreat. I loved it - except that the really small ones kept falling off. So, where can I buy the cd plastic cases that do not have the middle piece in it that I would have to take out. Can you buy them 4.5x5 already for stamps? If so where?
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
jfugina

Re: cd plastic cases

Post by jfugina »

Are you looking for the trimline cases (the ones without the extra bulk in the center)? Or are you looking for the thicker cases, but with the middle already taken out? I've always gotten the thicker cases at Office Max or Office Depot, but I've never seen them without that middle piece. I just put that piece in the recycle bin. I know it would be less wasteful if the cases didn't have the centers in the first place, but I'm not sure the jewel case industry is entirely aware that we use them for something other than disks! LOL. ;)
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

The slimline, middle already out, is too thin for UMs, so I go to KMarts, I buy a package of 25 thick ones, for $2.49, yes, I said it right!! $2.49 for 25!! For that price, I take out the middle, and it holds a full sheet of UMs, plus the innerds is pretty simple to take out.
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

That is a deal!!! I have to pay 2.99 for 5 here in Germany.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Laurie, that middle piece pops out easily.
Pam Cook #48
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

I buy the trimlines and move my older CDs into the trimlines and use the old thick holders. ;)
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

I went to Staples and bought the CD/DVD case and I will take the inners out. For 25 the cost was $8.00
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

I just bought a case of 200; with shipping to FL, it came to $48.83, or about 25 cents apiece. No middles to fill the landfills. This is the place where RuthAnn and I bought them before.

http://www.polylinecorp.com/productlist ... 0100000100
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

InkPattie wrote:I just bought a case of 200; with shipping to FL, it came to $48.83, or about 25 cents apiece. No middles to fill the landfills. This is the place where RuthAnn and I bought them before.

http://www.polylinecorp.com/productlist ... 0100000100
That is a great buy - but the question would be "where do I keep them until I use them all?" Most of my UM's are already in jewel cases and I"ve been trying to be better and cut back on my spending - 200 could last me 4 years!!!
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

I have a friend who is looking for a solution for her clear stamps, and she wants to buy some from me. She's local so it will work. It was about two years ago or so that Ruth Ann and I split a box of 200, so if I use them all at my current rate, it will take me about 4 years to use them up.
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

and mine have been gone awhile, too and I've had to buy some at walmart!!!