A Deck of Art....2 of hearts-childhood-3/18

The Deck of Art challenge is where you use old playing cards as a base for altered art. Once card is chosen per week, with a theme, and results are posted here.
Ruth Ann Landry

Re: A Deck of Art....2 of hearts

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

Hope it does take a while to get the hang of photo stamps! believe me...lots of failures in garbage....don't use juicy ink or it will puddle...a nice archival dye based is the way to go...i tried distress inks and they were a disaster! My stazon is the best for me. I really like your little farm girl....makes me think of the days i spent on DGF's farm as a little girl.
jdrhope

Post by jdrhope »

Ruth Ann Landry wrote:I really like your little farm girl....makes me think of the days i spent on DGF's farm as a little girl.
Me too, I never wore bibs but I did like to ride on the tractors, and play in the barns.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

jdrhope wrote:
Ruth Ann Landry wrote:Hope, you must use photo stamps with glossy paper...I use them all the time and love them, but anything with texture will break up the image. I like the background...farmish...maybe an orange pumpkin?
Yes, I used glossy photo paper for the photo stamp, that is the one thing I remembered to do. I will try a pumpkin on it tonight and see if that helps. I just think it needs more color. Thanks Ruth Ann

You can use a matte finished paper too but it can't have any texture at all.
Also Dye inks work better than pigment. The pigment ones tend to be too wet and clog up the tiny holes in the stamp
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

For photo stamps I've found that Versa Mark works so much better than Staz On. It seems to give a cleaner image. I don't mind the little bit of breakage that I get with a lightly textured paper, but smooth is definitely better.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

I like the background color Hope. Thanks for the tips about photo stamps. I have some on my list now I'll need to add glossy paper too!
cnedaria

Post by cnedaria »

I was hoping to finish mine tonight, but I really tweaked my ankle bad today and am going to bed with good drugs. I'll just have to play catch up later! At least I have the picture printed out and a design in my head--I'm with you in spirit!
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

cnedaria wrote:I was hoping to finish mine tonight, but I really tweaked my ankle bad today and am going to bed with good drugs. I'll just have to play catch up later! At least I have the picture printed out and a design in my head--I'm with you in spirit!
Sorry to hear about your ankle Jen!! Take care!
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

Versafine ink is always my first pick with fine detail images such as photo stamps.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

cnedaria wrote:I was hoping to finish mine tonight, but I really tweaked my ankle bad today and am going to bed with good drugs. I'll just have to play catch up later! At least I have the picture printed out and a design in my head--I'm with you in spirit!
Rest up!
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

Ruth Ann Landry wrote:Hope it does take a while to get the hang of photo stamps! believe me...lots of failures in garbage....don't use juicy ink or it will puddle...a nice archival dye based is the way to go...i tried distress inks and they were a disaster! My stazon is the best for me. I really like your little farm girl....makes me think of the days i spent on DGF's farm as a little girl.

I am with Ruth Ann, glossy or no texture paper with StazOn or Versa Mark and a very smooth surface below and tons of even pressure when stamping... I have tons of failures in the trash also .. but I so love those stamps
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

Here's mine. I found the pic online, the brad was from my stash and I printed out the words - but everything else was from a PIF envelope.
Attachments
IMG_1646.jpg
IMG_1646.jpg (28.1 KiB) Viewed 263 times
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
Holly

Post by Holly »

I love that saying, also the second part of it. Nice job on this Gwen.
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

my dad used to say that rhyme to me all the time when I was little (and sometimes pouty) so many memories this week.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

wonderful card Gwen

we used to get that said to us all the time as well (though usually it was the second part that was being applied ;) )
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I'm going to be playing catch up on this. I still haven't picked up my cards and didn't even think about making them like Marianne but I plan on getting them this morning and hopefully doing two before our NC get together this weekend. I just love seeing what everyone is doing with these.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO