A Deck of Art....2 of hearts-childhood-3/18

The Deck of Art challenge is where you use old playing cards as a base for altered art. Once card is chosen per week, with a theme, and results are posted here.
Ruth Ann Landry

Re: A Deck of Art....2 of hearts

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

reminder.....card and theme changes tomorrow!
Holly

Post by Holly »

Yea! :D
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

Anxiously awaiting

:cool5:
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

I should be posting mine tonight. I just need to add the words to it. I love how it turned out and I've decided to use my PIF stuff as much as possible with these.
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
Ruth Ann Landry

good idea! and anxious to see, Gwen
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I only decided yesterday to join in this fun. Here is my card. It is a photo of me. It's a bit plain so I will add a charm or some other embellie and maybe a checked ribbon on the right side when I get home to all my supplies. I cut the words out of a Mother Goose book of a similar vintage as the photo.
I'm making my own cards so a photo of the back is included.
Front
Front
Childhood-2_of_hearts.jpg (26.41 KiB) Viewed 265 times
Back
Back
Childhood=2_of_hearts_back.jpg (18.04 KiB) Viewed 270 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Holly

Post by Holly »

Way to go Marrianne! I love it, and the homemade cards! :D
Ruth Ann Landry

that is adorable, Marianne....great job....and away from home, no less!
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

Love it Marianne! It so creative!
donnak

Post by donnak »

I'm posting mine (finally got it done) and it may seem a little "dark" to some but I like it and it's true! The transfer is me at about 3 or 4 years old. I used one of those stinky pens to make several transfers of a photo of myself a couple of years ago - it was in my file.

Oh, yeah - it's a slightly different size since it's going into my shoji screen.
Ruth Ann Landry

love your art piece...and more harlequin! what is it about that design and childhood? and the quote is so true.
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

Great job Donna!
jdrhope

Post by jdrhope »

Okay, I'm not to crazy about it at this point, I think it's the background color that I don't like. This is the first time that I used one of the photo stamps too, I need to do something different. Maybe I need the read the instructions about using the photo stamps again. I may work on it some and repost later.

Anyway here it is....
Attachments
2_hearts_002.jpg
2_hearts_002.jpg (100.04 KiB) Viewed 212 times
Ruth Ann Landry

Hope, you must use photo stamps with glossy paper...I use them all the time and love them, but anything with texture will break up the image. I like the background...farmish...maybe an orange pumpkin?
jdrhope

Post by jdrhope »

Ruth Ann Landry wrote:Hope, you must use photo stamps with glossy paper...I use them all the time and love them, but anything with texture will break up the image. I like the background...farmish...maybe an orange pumpkin?
Yes, I used glossy photo paper for the photo stamp, that is the one thing I remembered to do. I will try a pumpkin on it tonight and see if that helps. I just think it needs more color. Thanks Ruth Ann