MAILED March ATC Swap - Asian

Maritza

Re: March ATC Swap - theme is Asian

Post by Maritza »

Holly wrote:For some funky reason, the glaze turned white, and I have streaks all over the cards.
I think that means that their is moisture trapped underneath
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

Holly, there you go with that PATIENCE thing again!!! LOL
Holly

Post by Holly »

What moisture? From the glue? And can I get it out. Heat gun just made it whiter.
Ruth Ann Landry

Holly, do you have any microglaze?
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

Holly wrote:What moisture? From the glue? And can I get it out. Heat gun just made it whiter.
it was just a thought.. Probably the wrong thought..
Holly

Post by Holly »

Don't think so. I'll tell you what I did.

Took black cardstock, and stamped an image. Added a small image using stick glue. Stamped another image on top. Using stick glue I attached it to a piece of chipboard. Then I inked the edges, and this is where I should have stopped.
Instead I used "Sheer color finish" by Paper Plus which is supposed to give a translucent finish. That is what turned white with streaks.

Desperate, I used a matte gel medium on it, which semi-helped. Tryed to use a gloss gel medium, after letting them dry overnite. and still white.
Holly

Post by Holly »

Guess I can only redo and skip the glaze.
Ruth Ann Landry

hmmm, not familiar with sheer color finish...sometimes a thin sheen of microglaze, warmed to make the wax melt will bring back the shine and kill that white film.
Holly

Post by Holly »

a film, more like streaks. Wait and I'll post a pic.
Holly

Post by Holly »

Here -- you can see two of them, the left is the worse, you can't even see the image stamped under it.
Attachments
challenge (Small).jpg
challenge (Small).jpg (56.23 KiB) Viewed 290 times
Ruth Ann Landry

I don't know anything about that sheer color you put on it....experiment and dab some on black paper and let sit for quite awhile to dry to see if that's how it reacts with a black background.....
Holly

Post by Holly »

At this point, I think I will just redo. and skip the glaze.
Ruth Ann Landry

If you just use acrylics for the background, you can glaze that before you add any other elements...Put on layer of acrylic in dominant color, let dry, color wash (acrylic mixed with a little water) with second accenting coat over that and immediately wipe off with a paper towel...this is a neat technique for glazing acrylics and very easy to do.
Holly

Post by Holly »

thanks.
Ruth Ann Landry

Luly, asian went postal yesterday......didn't include return postage SINCE YOU WILL BE COMING HERE THE FIRST OF APRIL......WHOO-HOO!