feeling guilty - NOT ANYMORE!!!!

Please stop here and introduce yourself!
ChristineOndine

Re: feeling guilty - NOT ANYMORE!!!!

Post by ChristineOndine »

Hi, everyone, glad to have found you all here! I have been busy and really don't have an opinion on the CS change - haven't had much time on any site! LOL! Hope to get back to papercrafting soon :creating:

Christine in Tucson
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I am having a great time - I can spend a few minutes on CS's forum to check in with a few folks there and then I can come back here and spend (a whole lot of) time learning about new techniques and oohing & aahing over beautiful projects made with mostly supplies I didn't know existed. I love Tricia's videos - she is just one of those gifted teachers. So I'll check in there regularly to see what's new.

Again - we are an amazing group of women. We made it through the whole election process - expressing differences of opinions and no one (that I know of) insulted anyone. We go to each other and ask for prayers and good luck wishes and support through tough times. Then women I consider to be friends were hurt by insults and name calling (over a website design for heaven's sake - and just wanting answers to questions!), I am hurt - and it's part of my nature to avoid being hurt myself - so I'll "pull back" and go where I feel safe and am having fun. What keeps me here is the friendship and my fascination with paper-artistry. ;) I'm sure T&D had the best intentions in heading this direction - it's just their new format is not condusive to the style of chatting we enjoy (the old site wasn't broke - it just needed a bit of tweaking). And honestly, the people representing them were not the best choices IMHO.
Boy, it doesn't take much to get me going sometimes. (stepping down now)
I do love the lightning round challenges - keep them coming!
Pam Cook #48
neith

Post by neith »

fuzzylover wrote:I don't feel guilty. I participate on the new board - I still haven't figured out where I uploaded some of my pictures - LOL. I guess I'll find them eventually.

I just like familiarity - this board looks the same and I have a lot of my friends here - what more could I want?
Go to "My Place >> My Site Info" and down under your avatar you'll see some tabs including "My Artwork" you can click on that to see thumbnails of all the images you uploaded plus if they've had hits and comments (your own views count, even when you hit back and next on your browser, oops!) and you can click "Manage My Artwork" from the first page of those or the main page for the Galleria and you see a text list of your images, locations of them, hit count, and the option to edit or delete them.

I went through and uploaded a bunch of my favorite digi layouts yesterday and will go through my other photobucket albums to pick up my favorite paper layouts, cards, books, etc later but have to remember to add the ones that used to be on the old gallery and raps... I skipped those for the digi so far.

But, I am thrilled that they are finally putting some digi layouts in featured locations (digirap and maybe the entry page for the site later??) since in the past they didn't have a category for them at all in their gallery, just paper and beaded creations. But I do wish the front page images told you who made them and linked to them... I'm hopeful that they will in the future and these were just placeholders before they had more images loaded by members... The first digirap, this month, included digi layouts that weren't yet on the new site and they were hunting around to get full names of contributors, but the last one just had usernames and each one linked to the actual layout stored in the new galleria... so you can click them to get a larger view and content info (lots of other clickable things in it).
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

pamcook wrote: I do love the lightning round challenges - keep them coming!

New one coming this weekend

BTW did you see the new picture of Johnny Depp posted somewhere in this forum :D
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Johnny Depp? Sigh...
Not yet but I'll find it!
(what a good friend!)
Pam Cook #48
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

I've kind of stayed away from this topic...I love CS..the people and their products PERIOD. This may have been a good 'business' decision for their company. It didn't please a couple hundred of us that are more into 'paper arts' than scrapbooking. We love the swaps and the challenges, mixed media, ATC's etc. Club Scrap dabbles in these areas too...but we were really diversifying the gallery and the chat areas and talking about techniques and other products. It was smart of them to house everything under one roof. I'm thinking that our admin. may be from CS that handed Luanne the keys to keep us happy! something to think about....
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

I was on the beta team. We clicked and tested, mainly looking for technical issues, for one week. I don't remember how many were on the beta team, but there were 4 of us that were quite vocal. The nature of comments were such that we asked our comments to be deleted before going live. We didn't want anyone to misinterpret our comments. Unfortunately, the new CS site is so quiet, that is doesn't take me all that long to navigate and see what is new. I do know that they were giddy with excitement. They had been working on it for several months. I understand and agree with both positions actually. I know that sounds strange, but it is true. I am a frequent visitor to both sites and will continue to do so. I like aspects about both places. :D

I was never tempted to do a swap, but for some reason the enthusiasm here seems even higer than the "old" site, so I decided to get my toes wet so to speak.

I also love the videos/tutorials/blogs at the new site. I am starting to get the hang of the gallery as well and have started surfing through there and leaving comments.

Like I posted before, I have room for both in my life.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Believe me - I'm happy here and learning to be OK there. I still visit both sites, but I enjoy chatting and new techniques and new products, so I'm here more. I'm one of those people who doesn't absolutely go ga-ga over every CS product. Yes, it is a quality product, but not everything floats everyone's boat. I'm going to give an honest (from my POV) answer if someone asks my opinion, but I don't like having my opinion invalidated just because three other people don't agree with me. Like Pam said, we were extremely civil in our political discussions, but weren't accorded the same consideration in our other discussions.

All that said - I'm not over here to talk down CS - they're a wonderful product. I also love Tim Holtz, Stampendous, Inkadinkadoo and a host of other products on the market too. I'm here to learn techniques, find out about cool new stuff, hang with friends, challenge my abilities and have fun. So let's all get back to having fun!

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Well said!

Let's get back to fun.....
Judi in IL

Post by Judi in IL »

I, too am sad that T&D are upset, but unfortunately they are having personal reactions to a business decision. If you are going to be a business owner you have to understand and accept that not everyone is going to like every decision you make. They aren't tech people, so I don't think they realized what this decision was going to mean for people with varying technology. Just because it works fine for them in the clubhouse and for a lot of members, doesn't mean that it works for everyone and they don't want to believe that. We all have different equipment, different connection capabilities, etc. The new site is designed for people with high speed internet-imho. I don't have it, therefore I am pretty much left out. Even though I have DSL, I guess it is what Chris calls DSL lite. It took 5 hours to download the 8.5 x 11 digi calendar and I wasn't doing anything else on the computer at the time. For me that isn't acceptable on a regular basis. I still love CS product and had a wonderful time at retreat. I am just not able to participate in the new forum with any degree of satisfaction. Even though I am retired, I don't have that kind of time to waste clicking and waiting and waiting and waiting then having to click again and wait and wait and wait. Personal decision. I am just very glad I can retain my connection to all of you friends.
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

What guilt???? Why in the world would you feel guilty in the first place? I'm just tickled pink to have found you guys again. I visit Luann's blog now and then, and I guess I just did not see this mentioned earlier. I was wondering why it was so very quiet at that other place.
Thank you to all who made this possible.

Pat
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Sorry Luanne...to have left the "e" off of your name in my previous post.

Pat
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

If that's the worst that happens to me, I'll be alright.
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Well Luanne, you see my last name is a mouthful, so I try to be a good speller and understanding of others as well. Take care.

Pat
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
Malleybean

Post by Malleybean »

The new Community plays no part in my decision to buy CS products. I can still browse GHM, and that's the most important part lol. There are very few sites I refuse to shop at because of the way they are laid out (Addicted to Scrapbooking is one - very hard to shop at!)

I didn't hang around CSC much at all. I'm here not because the forum itself is familiar, since I'm not a fan of forums. I prefer yahoo groups. I'm here because of the people who are here. I've met many in person at retreats, and love that I have a cozy place to hang out with them.

I'm obviously different than most here - but that's ok, because we're all here together! There is absolutely no reason for anyone to feel guilty about belonging to any online community. The only guilty parties are the ones who sent nasty e-mails and phone calls to CSHQ.