feeling guilty - NOT ANYMORE!!!!

Please stop here and introduce yourself!
ClareH

feeling guilty - NOT ANYMORE!!!!

Post by ClareH »

does anyone else feel guilty? I feel like a teenager sneaking out of my bedroom at night - I think my parents know but they haven't confronted me yet, so I keep doing it....but I don't think I'm wrong either.
I just don't like this feeling. wonder if I'm the only one?
Monica

Re: feeling guilty

Post by Monica »

Yeah, me too! I feel sneaky like I did in high school..... ShhH! Don't tell!! Lolz! :happybounce:

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

I belong to several forums, some I frequent more than others...most artists do you know. I love that we are not focusing on bashing any other groups or forums. There is no reason to feel guilty here.

Edited to say: I still love CS products and the many services they provide!
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

Guilty?

No, I am participating in both Forums. One is just easier (much easier), and more user friendly for me than the other, that is all... and I ... like easy.

I absolutely LOVE Club Scrap, I am a club scrap addict and I also love the ease of this forum and the creativity of this group.

I do both.. although I do this forum more often that any other forum
:)
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Guilt-no guilt.

there are thousands of forums you can belong too out in cyberspace. This is just one of the many. It is one more way for us to share inspiration and in turn be inspired.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Guilty---NO
Happy---Yes :greenbounce:

Paula

and I still love Club Scrap
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Not enough to give it up. Still love CS and love some of their new features, but love this forum and all my friends here. :greenbounce: And I love this bouncy frog too!

Cute new avatar Paula. Very "in season"!
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

I am the queen of guilt!

I really had to think about creating this, and the ramifications of doing it before going ahead. I was torn, and felt extremely unloyal. After weighing the pros and cons, I decided to go ahead. Swapping is what I primarily did in the original forum. I wasn't going to be able to continue doing that under the new programming and I was really really upset when I thought I was going to lose my connection with the amazing ladies I swap with. I also posted a few layouts, with zero hits and zero comments. I missed the immediate gratification of commentary from everyone.

I wrote private letters to both Tricia and Dinah, and they made it clear that they had a business decision they are very happy with. That's when I realized my loyalty was not to a company, but to myself and my friends. Sure we use their products, but we pay them for that. Yes, they and everyone else there, are fantastic people! But they made a business decision and that decision excluded me and divided my friends. I decided to try and keep the swapcircle open and find someone to help me create this board.

Believe me, I'm pretty sure they know we exist. I hope they have no ill will towards us (me & admin), because we never intended to be in competition with them. We don't sell anything. We simply wanted a place where we could post the things we made with whatever products we have. Honestly, we thought we might get a handfull of swappers to join us, and we would primarily swap here, then it was like a wildfire, and now we've really grown. If we were still at the other board, and things had never changed, this board would have never existed.

As for the secretiveness... tell anyone! We didn't want to take anything away from them, their site or their community. we just needed a place that worked for us. Our intent has never been recruitment. I still check GHM a few times a day :roll: eventhough I'm no longer a member, and I check a dozen other placed as well. I always have.

I hope that helps, but you are absolutely entitled to your feelings of guilt. Just please don't feel it's a dirty little secret.
Paula

Post by Paula »

azemigh wrote:Not enough to give it up. Still love CS and love some of their new features, but love this forum and all my friends here. :greenbounce: And I love this bouncy frog too!

Cute new avatar Paula. Very "in season"!
Thanks, I thought it was time for a change :lol:

this is my favorite smilie :happy114:

Paula
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

No guilt here. This is one of many forums that I belong to. The CSChat forum was where I spent 99.9% of my time because of the people I've come to know here and I loved the format. I'm a member of the Community and check there regularly as well as post comments and blog. But this is the format that I'm most comfortable with out of all of the forums that I joined. I still love my CS goodies - paper, ribbon, stamps, extras - all of it. But I also love finding out about and using new products, seeing what can be created with them, and talking about them. I'm working currently on a project using primarily Sharon Ann's Christmas papers and a Bo Bunny chipboard book. I can post it here when it's finished and share what I did and get advice on what else it needs (or doesn't). My new Tim Holtz goodies are scheduled for delivery today, so when I play them them, guess where I can post it?? Two places, now - allthingstim at Yahoo and here. We spend a lot of time using our things and when we find something we like, we talk about it. Since I don't have an LSS, I rely on you guys to find out what's new and great and how it works - sort of like the ATG. I don't think we're taking anything away from CS - matter of fact, that's what brought the vast majority of us together. I just feel that we've all come to know and respect each other, personally and as craftsmen, in this setting and we wanted to continue that relationship. Now we can do it w/o having to be careful about what product we're posting or discussing.

And did I mention that I loooove the new smilies? :cool17:

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
ESIDER

Post by ESIDER »

I do not feel guilty. I partcipate in exactly two chat boards/rooms, here and CS. I am a loyal CS customer who buys everything almost exclusively from them. I love the quality of their products and I WILL NOT buy/use any other paper. It took me over a year, but I finally got rid (gave away) of the last of my "other" stuff with the exception of a few designer "pads" I think I have plans for.

I love that all my friends are here and the ease of this site. I also love that "founders" of this site a regulars on the board who keep us in the loop with everything and address issues the second they come up! How awesome is that? Now, THAT is what I call GREAT customer service!

I still go to the CS site everyday and double post if I have too.
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Luanne wrote:I am the queen of guilt!

As for the secretiveness... tell anyone! We didn't want to take anything away from them, their site or their community. we just needed a place that worked for us. Our intent has never been recruitment. I still check GHM a few times a day :roll: eventhough I'm no longer a member, and I check a dozen other placed as well. I always have.

I hope that helps, but you are absolutely entitled to your feelings of guilt. Just please don't feel it's a dirty little secret.
Typically me too, I revel in guilt! But not with this. The intent of Luanne and the secret admin is clear from what she wrote above. I don't see any bashing or whining here (and I've been lurking).

I'll keep up with the official board too. Maybe it will get easier to use and we can migrate back.... she said optimistically.

JMHO,
Kristen
Carole

Post by Carole »

Not at all - CS ROCKS!! It's my very favorite company and where I spend most of my money (whenever I'm spending!) Like Luanne said - this doesn't take away from CS at all - but honestly - that new forum is a pain in the tush and I don't have the time or energy right now to spend hours trying to figure it all out. And it sure is nice to see everyone and to be able to use other products along with CS. Especially in the stamps department. I think we all realize that the mutual love of CS is the reason we all met in the first place.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Yeah, what you guys all said. I'll add that I really never dabbled in lots of boards though - just CS. Kinda 'splains why I was among the to 20 most frequent posters there. It was super-quick! And I always got responses about stuff super-fast. Soo.. I had more time to read and post. LOL.

I've been on the new site as well (not so much this week, I'll admit - because there's a lot to keep up with here). Well, that and I've got some deadlines at work, Jake's birthday party tomorrow, and a girl scout meeting to prepare for and run on Tuesday night.

So I'll be back at CS, stalking GHM, and checking the blogs probably more than the forums. But I'll still be there. I still don't like the offerings at the LSSs as much as I like the Club Scrap stuff. So nothing has really changed there. Though I will be trying to mix up my stash a little more since I have a place to display my work that uses other stuff.

It's all good. No guilt here. And I'll add my thanks to Luanne and admin for getting this set up. And thanks to those who PMd me and made sure I knew about it, because I don't think I would have found it otherwise. :greenbounce:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
nancine

Post by nancine »

Well, you've all said what I feel (and probably better than I).
I love that I can pop in here really quick and check things out. CS still is my favorite and gets most of my spending money! :greenbounce:

and I just wanted to use the cute froggie guy....