feeling guilty - NOT ANYMORE!!!!

Please stop here and introduce yourself!
donnak

Re: feeling guilty

Post by donnak »

No guilt here . . . I've always done other paper art since 2nd grade and belonging to multiple forums is not a new idea. I'm more of a lurker on some lists - simply looking for cool ideas or visual stimulation (don't go there, people :o ) but I do try to keep my list of boards to around 3 or 4. I recently dropped one forum 'cause they had almost all gone digital and except for some techniques I don't do digi art so much. So I glean what I can from each group - right now this board is hot!!! I will always love CS but have dropped completely down to Jr. only and may even drop further down to just Jr. paper, I don't know right now. I only know for sure that I can't be limited in paper or embellishments or ideas! (or friends!) :greenbounce:
Luly

Post by Luly »

Definately no guilt for me. CS has gotten the bulk of my mad money since I found them. I love love love their paper. :happybounce: I also happen to LOVE patterned paper and SU stamps. My work got posted mostly on my blog so not to seem unappreciative as it was a CS board and am so grateful for the community of friends they have brought me.

From how many posts I had on our old board you could see how much I loved it. I am so happy that I will not be loosing touch with any of our old friends and expect I will be making some new ones too. :greenbounce:

Most of us have loved CS and all they have shared and taught us. None of that should change because they made a business decision.

Everyone feels guilt at one point or another. That is ok too. :devilangel:
dehlers43

Post by dehlers43 »

Add me to the "no guilt but still drinking the kool-aid" crowd. The CS sponsored Yahoo group and forums are marketing tools. Like Luanne said in a different thread, the change was a business decision. They didn't start these out of the goodness of their hearts - it's advertising at it's finest. The fact that we make friends and share our lives is sort of a side benefit, not really the focus.
This board is the opposite. It's all about making friends, sharing art, laughing, crying, supporting.....without any strings attached. I like that. So I use this board for some things and the CS board for others. No competition, no guilt! :wave: :greenbounce:
Lynn K

Post by Lynn K »

I would agree no guilt, they had to make a business decision, I had a personal decision to make. I didn't want to take the time, energy and frustration to learn a new system. I work in a job that almost DAILY, laws are changing, processes are changing, we are very innovative, we have been working outside the box to try to get our whole dept to work at home, I am a lead, I have many staff members that use me for a resource so I am VERY familiar with change. At home, when I am relaxing and hanging with my friends, I like stability. Just as they have asked us to respect their business decision, they should respect our personal decision. I love CS, great product. I might cancel my subscription only due to economic issues and TOO MANY SUPPLIES, but that would be my ONLY reason. They are an AWESOME company, Trisha & Dinah are WONDERFUL beautiful people, BUT, that still don't take away the fact that we are reducing expenses and I am out of scrapbooking storage room. I hope they don't take it personally, but the new community, don't meet my needs. Unfortunately, I am not even clicking on what's new GHM daily. (makes me sad, pocketbook VERY happy) but I just don't like the looks of the GHM, it is very harse and crowded to me, but that is just me. It don't change the fact they have great products and wonderful paper and they are great people. OK OK, stepping down, soap box slid to the side :)
Holly

Post by Holly »

No guilt here either. It's not that we didn't try to work on that new board. And we definitly let them know of our unhappiness at the way it segregated swaps and gallery out of the chat. And try as I may I can not hold a conversation over their with anyone unless it's PMing and waiting a long time. I don't know if you all realize it, but if you log on that board and then leave, it still shows you there for another several hours. So it looks like people are on when in fact they aren't, and I know this because I saw my daughter on, and when she didn't respond to me, I called her on the phone. She said she had left an hour before, and in fact her computer was turned off. I said, it shows you still on. She went and checked, and no it was definetly turned off. It continued to show on for several more hours. And to me, that's a sneaky way to show you have an active group, when it isn't true.

And I still buy there, and there are a few friends there that won't come here (loyalty tops user friendly for them) but I like this format so much better.
And I am not a friend of live chat either. Too much noise and clutter and people talking over the top of one another.
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Ladies..... This is to nobody in particular...and I want you all to have your own opinions....but, we are teetering on the line of negativity. Exactly what we all were against.

Just saying.....
Trine from Norway

Post by Trine from Norway »

No guilty at all!!
This site is not instead of....but a suplement to.....
Finaly I can post everything I made...CS or not....and still have contact with my friends.....it's perfect
As many of you allready know.....CS is the club in my heart....and since I started my membership in june 07 I have collected nearly all the kits since 1999...(most of them are complet) I still miss City Scape :oops: :oops:
And I can promised you...I will be the last one who left Club Scrap.....

But I don't want to spend so much time to navigate in a bad web-site....

A BIG BIG hug to Luanne who made this site :clap: :clap: :clap:
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

I don't feel guilty because I had been thinking about a non company sponsored forum so that I could share my non-CS stuff that I have done. I love CS, and 99% of what I have done in the past 5 years is with their products.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I had almost quit using my other stash, and had gone through it to get rid of it. I did thin it out (thanks Beth for taking some of it for your friend!) but some I looked at and said "I still love this." So I have the best of both worlds - now I can mix and blend my two stashes together. But I have to say, it's a rare paper that catches my eye these days - it has to be a heavy stock, because CS has definitely spoiled me there. They're a great company, but I like mixing, matching and being inspired by my family here.

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Malleybean

Post by Malleybean »

pbp908 wrote:I had almost quit using my other stash, and had gone through it to get rid of it. I did thin it out (thanks Beth for taking some of it for your friend!) but some I looked at and said "I still love this." So I have the best of both worlds - now I can mix and blend my two stashes together. But I have to say, it's a rare paper that catches my eye these days - it has to be a heavy stock, because CS has definitely spoiled me there. They're a great company, but I like mixing, matching and being inspired by my family here.

Pam
I'm with you there - I don't buy nearly as much non-CS paper as I used to. Part is the quality, and part is that it all seems to look the same! CS doesn't look like anything else, and that's one of the main reasons I love them so much! I have a few hundred pages ALSBed using only CS and ready for pics. I really do need to use my non-CS stash now lol!
Malleybean

Post by Malleybean »

Holly wrote:I don't know if you all realize it, but if you log on that board and then leave, it still shows you there for another several hours. So it looks like people are on when in fact they aren't, and I know this because I saw my daughter on, and when she didn't respond to me, I called her on the phone. She said she had left an hour before, and in fact her computer was turned off. I said, it shows you still on. She went and checked, and no it was definetly turned off. It continued to show on for several more hours. And to me, that's a sneaky way to show you have an active group, when it isn't true.
It may be that she didn't actually log off the CS site, even though she closed her browser - just a guess. Weird that it would do that!
Holly

Post by Holly »

Jenn Her computer was completely turned off, as in unplugged type of off.
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

Sometimes though if you don't click on the "log out" feature of a site, your absence won't be noticed by the software for some time.
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

No guilt here! I love CS. Their products are yummy and have defiantly spoiled me! The thickness, the richness, the texture...... I just don't use their product exclusively. This forum gives me a place to connect with friends and share my other artwork without offending CS. I've tried other forums. Some I still post on, others I don't.
ClareH

Post by ClareH »

well I love all these responses! It had made me feel great! I love this type of forum where I can catch up quickly....
I also have several layouts that I used other products from my stash but used an existing ALSB layout idea...they are some of my favorite layouts so I plan to post as soon as I take some pictures!

thanks for all the great responses - you gals are the best! :clap: :clap: :clap: