Oh No! Luminarte is Closing!

Save some $ Find out what works
Lynn K

Re: Oh No! Luminarte is Closing!

Post by Lynn K »

I ordered on the 14th, I got a instant reply email, and that is the last I have heard :( Not sure if the have charged my cc or not. I really hope I get my stuff, I NEED IT, .... now what did I order :) :anyone:
cnedaria

Post by cnedaria »

I think I got my order today--there was a big box on the front porch but I had to carry the kids in from the hockey game and won't know for sure until tomorrow as I now have to wrestle their sleeping bodies upstairs. Do you think it's child cruelty to let them sleep on the floor? They're both over 50 pounds now and that ain't easy to carry! If I don't post tomorrow, send a rescue team, I'm down. Why yes, I am punchy, why do you ask?
Holly

Post by Holly »

Glad you got yours Pam, hope for you too Jen. If the mail comes before 11 tomorrow, I will be happy :D , but if not I won't know until Monday. :(
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

cnedaria wrote: Do you think it's child cruelty to let them sleep on the floor?
:hijack:
nope not at all
Maya slept on the floor for 3 years. Wouldn't sleep in her bed :roll:
cnedaria

Post by cnedaria »

Sadly, the boxes on my front porch were all hockey equipment, no toys for mama...
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

What a letdown!
Stampo

Post by Stampo »

She has over 1500 orders so is buried and can't reply to emails but is making new batches instead of just selling what was left over so you'll get all the colors you've ordered... I've been overwhelmed with 3-400 orders during sales so can't imagine what she's going through!
Attachments
vegaslayout1.2003.jpg
vegaslayout1.2003.jpg (38.71 KiB) Viewed 337 times
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I wondered if that's what they were doing since we won't be able to get any more after it's gone. This way nobody is disappointed. Now I just have to decide to NOT horde what I bought, and remember to use it and enjoy it.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Lynn K

Post by Lynn K »

ok fingers crossed mine comes in the mail today, here's hoping, here's hoping!
southernpeach35

Post by southernpeach35 »

nothing yet, today...does anyone know how they ship?
carriemck

Post by carriemck »

Thanks fot the tip--I ordered too. The site now says they are making stuff as you order and you will be charged in advance because they need the $$ to make the stuff, as someone said. It also says that if you ordered Twinkling H2O's it might take up to 3 weeks to receive your order. I ordered a 24 pack of mini pots of Twinks and 3 misters--I wish I had heard about those before!!

Not sure when I will get my goodies, despite the 10 days email. But I am patient . . .
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

never mind the 10 days.
I placed my order on the 16th was charged soon after and still nada :twisted:
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I had ordered a 24 pot asst. and got them last week priority mail. I believe they'll make good on all of the orders - they're just manufacturing more instead of selling out what they have. I appreciate that because I had none and wanted to try them. Of course, I'm not still waiting on my order like you guys are. :tomato:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Lynn K

Post by Lynn K »

Yeah I still have not heard anything either, waiting, waiting,
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

----forwarded message popping up all over chat boards----

LuminArte Inc Announcement
Dear Friends and Customers

A friend emailed me last night saying people on the chat boards are wondering about Luminarte Inc,
Why have many have not heard an email reply from us since we announced the closing of our doors.

If we do not reply immediately they think there is something wrong.
Of course the public is wondering what is happening to their orders.
They are used to getting their product right away. We are so crushed with orders and emails, we cannot possibly answer everyone.

And no, we did not change the " autoreply" on the website, that stated a 10 day turn around for receipt of product,I wish we had now. Who knew the public reaction to our closing would be so overwhelming?
Also, our shopping cart could not be changed in order to reflect the 40% discount you receive, as we do not have a web person anymore, due to lack of money. We did put an announcement on our Home Page that states we are taking the discount off as we process your order in our office, but many have not read down that far in the statement, and most of the emails are concerning this issue. Rest assured, your discount is being applied. We do not use a system that automatically charges your account, we do it by hand in our office, just like we make our paints, by hand.

This is the official information, and you are welcome to forward this information to anyone you feel needs to hear this.

First of all I am most grateful for the thousands, YES you heard it thousands, of emails we are receiving form around the world,
It´s like the public is trying to force us to stay open.
A phenomena I was not prepared for or could have possibly anticipated

We need everyone to be patient, if you think you were the only one with idea to place one last order before the product was gone, you now have joined the ranks of a few thousand people what the same idea.

The public does not understand we made the announcement with small crew of employees, as we had minimized our staff in order to close our plant.
We expected a few 100 orders make a couple batch runs of colors and then close , not 1000's of orders from around the world .

Try squeezing what we might see in business over a 3 month period in 2 weeks !
We are so crushed we can barely answer the phone or emails !
I cannot hire a huge crew and train them to make the last batch of paints at this point.

We are working as hard as we can to actually pour and wrap product for everyone
We will not close our doors until everyone's order is processed and shipped. You have our word on that.
The only way to get your paints, is to prepay. We have to have the money in order to produce what you want, as we are ready to close our doors due to lack of money.
When we are finished filling your orders, there will NOT be another chance to get our products as we make them now, full of rich, pure pigments, blended in creative and imaginative ways.
If you need to change something in your order, your address or something vitally important, call our office, toll free, 1-866-229-1544. Even if you get the voice mail, as the volume of calls is too much for us to be able to take care of at times, we will receive your message, and make the changes accordingly.

Please if you can pass the word to tell everyone you know to be patient

Dreaming in color,
Leslie Blackburn Ohnstad
President/ Inventor
www.luminarteinc. com

3322 W. Sussex Way
Fresno, CA 93722
Phone 866-229-1544
Fax 559-229-2366
www.luminarteinc. com