Oh No! Luminarte is Closing!

Save some $ Find out what works
pamcook

Re: Oh No! Luminarte is Closing!

Post by pamcook »

How are they different from Perfect Pearls?
Pam Cook #48
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

Twinkling H2Os are watercolor cakes. So you wet them with a brush and paint like you would with old-fashioned watercolor cakes that we used as children.

Perfect Pearls and Pearl-Ex are powders. The Pearl-Ex powders are also made by Luminarte, I believe. The Perfect Pearls have a fixative powder blended in with the mica, so when you dip in a wet brush and make a paint, it will stick. Pearl-Ex will flake off unless you spray it with a fixative after painting.
Monica

Post by Monica »

Thanks for the sample and the info, I-P. Now I'm headed back to Luminarte to check these out....

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

I bought the radiant rain misters
Monica

Post by Monica »

ChristyB wrote:I bought the radiant rain misters
(laughter) Quit enabling me!! I'm trying to pay off that card, not rack up more debt!! ;)

Monica
Holly

Post by Holly »

ChristyB wrote:I bought the radiant rain misters
I bought the daubers. and a few misters in colors not in daubers. :lol:

And Monica-- if you want to save and only buy the small pots of Twinks, don't worry cause they take a long time to use up.
Monica

Post by Monica »

Holly wrote:And Monica-- if you want to save and only buy the small pots of Twinks, don't worry cause they take a long time to use up.
Yeah, I'm thinking I'll go for the smaller pots... after all, I also have a mostly complete set of Radiant Pearls to use as well! I need more time! :angry42:

Monica
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I decided to stick with my Perfect Pearls. They're beautiful but no need to spend money I don't have on stuff I really don't need right now.
Pam Cook #48
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

Jacquard makes Pearl-Ex and Lumiere pigments and paints, not Luminarte. I was confused earlier...
Monica

Post by Monica »

Well, I decided I would stick with my Perfect Pearls as well, since posting it reminded me I had them. I did buy a set of the pastel Twinks from a lss to play with... I paid full price for them.... but I figure if I like them I'll see about buying another set. My lss carries 6 of the 12 pack sets of the minis.

Monica
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I was finally charged for my order and the discount was there. It was placed before the website announced the sale so I was wondering about getting the sale price. Now if they'd only just get here!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

pbp908 wrote:I was finally charged for my order and the discount was there. It was placed before the website announced the sale so I was wondering about getting the sale price. Now if they'd only just get here!

I am still waiting on my cc to be charged.
Holly

Post by Holly »

I was charged, but have not received yet, hopefully Monday.
Monica

Post by Monica »

Well, after buying one set of Twinks from a local store and playing with them a bit.... I think I'll just stick with the Radiant Pearls and Perfect Pearls I own , and I might but one more set of Twinks from the local store..... but that's it. I might have bought the wrong color set to play with, though.... I almost bought the metallic and interference set, but ended up with the pastels. If I buy another one, I'll but the metallics one.

I'd love to see some more art from you guys using the Twinks!

Monica
Holly

Post by Holly »

Anyone get their order yet?

I hadn't but was charged as of 2/19/09. This is what they had to say:

No the order hadn't shipped. They hadn't shipped any order yet, they had received over 800 orders, and had to make up the kits to send out. I said I had ordered the Radiant Rain daubers, and she said they still had to make them up.
I said that normally businesses don't charge till they send the order. She said, they needed the money to make the paint. And yes, she said they are still going out of business but couldn't say when and she couldn't say when the order would ship.

Is it just me? or does this all sound a little off to you too?

The thing is they took $112.00 dollars from me (I used a debit card) with, it seems to me, no real expectations as to if and when I will see any of my order. Think I should be worried? I have never bought from them direct before. I always purchased their paints thru a LSS.