Do we have a book of me hostess?

Luanne

Do we have a book of me hostess?

Post by Luanne »

I was thinking we need one. I can't host, but I love seeing them.
scrappin nurse

Re: Do we have a book of me hostess?

Post by scrappin nurse »

I've never hosted anything but I'd be willing to give it a try. Would some of you more experienced ladies give me some tips and pointers?
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

That sounds really interesting.
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I have alot of the descriptions Lisa used in the BOM that we had at the CS site. Do we want something like that posted every month?
jdrhope

Post by jdrhope »

sounds like fun!
Luly

Post by Luly »

I started one and never finished so if we get a hostess...that would be cool.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Actually, if we don't do the same set of questions it's good with me - I've done most of those already. Of course, I could always do them for DH.

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

I'm thinking that using the same questions might be the wrong thing to do. We should honor Lisa and the other board and not go there.

Lanita, I have some questions from a Tracy White BOM challenge. I can send them to you privately if you want them. It's hard to just come up with something off the top of one's head.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Beth that sounds good. We should do something different and maybe I will be spurred on to complete them.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

here are some I found from http://www.scrapjazz.com/topics/Themes/About_Me/108.php

Journal about the meaning of your name. Research it at www.namestusa.com. Journal about how you feel about your name, why your parents chose it, and/or if you think the meaning is true for you.

Write about your favorite color. What does that color make you think of? Which of your possessions are this color?

Consider where you'd like to travel in your lifetime. What sites would you like to see? What would you eat? Who would go with you? Gather some travel brochures and journal your plans!

List what you love about each season. Think about what you eat at certain times of the year, places you go, music you listen to, and things you see. Take pictures and include those!

Jot down your 5-10 "Everyday Movies" -- what movies could you watch everyday and not get tired of them?

What are your "Creature Comforts"? What things do you find immediately comforting? Think comfy clothes, foods, books, bubble baths, beauty treatments, etc.

Ponder what you would do if you won the lottery. What would you spend it on? Include price tags, since money will be no object! Would you share it, and with whom? Would you quit your job? How would it change your life?

Do a layout on your dream job(s). What did you want to be when you grew up? What do you dream of doing now?

List the Top 25 Things to Do in my Lifetime. Then include the dates of when you accomplish them!

Do a layout on what famous person you would like to have lunch with and why. What questions would you ask? Let your mind stretch from the past to current day.
Holly

Post by Holly »

Those are great Luanne. How does this all work? Lanita would give us a topic, and then we do that in the month and post here to show them? Or what and how? I came on board to late last year to know anything about them, and I never asked. :cry:
donnak

Post by donnak »

This sounds great - I can't wait to get started on some new topics - I have a lot of my BOM done but still have tons of photos! Go! Lanita! Go! :cool17:
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Holly wrote:Those are great Luanne. How does this all work? Lanita would give us a topic, and then we do that in the month and post here to show them? Or what and how? I came on board to late last year to know anything about them, and I never asked. :cry:

That is how it would work in the past.
anywhere between 1-3 topics for the month would be given.
some work on books for themselves. some for SO, and some (like me) is doing a book for each girl.
then they would be posted with the correct thread.

I really enjoyed working on the girls books. I incorporated a lot of both their original artwork and have them write down their thoughts in the own hand. It is amazing how in just one year things have changed. The kids really dug working on them too, having something totally focused on them