checking accounts

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
Laurie

checking accounts

Post by Laurie »

Okay. How many of you married folks have separate checking accounts with the one you love (your husbands) :angel: ?
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
EDelValle

Re: checking accounts

Post by EDelValle »

I have mine, he has his
long story, but that's how it is now
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

ME!!!! always have....we don't bounce checks that way and we each have certain bills we're responsible for! We have signing rights on each other's account but never had to use it.
flojo

Post by flojo »

We have same checking account. We used to bounce checks that way a long, long time ago, but we don't anymore. We seem to have more when all the money is together, but I know that is not how it is for most.
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

Me too. I pay some stuff from mine and he pays more of the stuff from "ours". Somehow I feel less guilty knowing I spend the money out of my account when buying stuff. :embarassed:
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
Ruth Ann

Post by Ruth Ann »

We have "our" account and then I have "mine".

Ruth Ann
donnak

Post by donnak »

Not here, I guess we're old fashioned. We have only one checking account (I keep the books and have a ledger that I use and that he can check if he wishes) and he has some checks and a debit card but is really good about listing the expenses for me. Since I have the financial sense in the family, it works better this way for us. Both of us get spending money to do with what we wish and that works very well too.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

We just have a joint, I do have a seperate one for my SU business but will be closing that soon. He just uses our CC for anything he needs and that is paid off each month. We don't really spend much, except for my major addiction. Of course he usually has a little cash also.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

We have one. I'm an accounting manager for a bridal store, so I work with $$ at work - hubby deposits all the money and pays all the bills at home. I don't want that responsibility too.
Cathy:)
grumpygramsey

Post by grumpygramsey »

we have two, both joint. The paychecks go into one account, and then I transfer a certain sum into the other. The first account is "mine", and I pay the bills with that. The second is "his", and he gets cash from that account to pay for the day-to-day and fun things.. When I need $20.00 for gas, I get it from his wallet :lol:

It works for us, because there aren't any surprises in our main account..

Clar
LadyJaine

Post by LadyJaine »

We have separate finances for a lot of reasons... But it works for us. He hands me $$ each paycheck and then I pay the bills.
Yoli

Post by Yoli »

Gosh no . . . then I would have two checking accounts to balance every month!
cnedaria

Post by cnedaria »

I did when I worked outside the home, but when I quit having direct deposit it didn't make sense for us to have two if I'd have to pay fees. He doesn't pay any attention to money AT ALL which is why we never had two when I was working--he would check his balance at an ATM and withdraw money based on what it said with no regards to automatic deductions due to come out or whether anything had cleared. We had overdraft protection but still had a number of bounce charges in life. Now I've trained him NOT to use his debit card but rather a rewards credit card that I pay off each month. Only thing I ever succeeded at training him to do--and only 'cause of the bottom line bounced check charges I think!
grumpygramsey

Post by grumpygramsey »

Yoli wrote:Gosh no . . . then I would have two checking accounts to balance every month!
I know I'm weird :crazy: but I love balancing my checking accounts... When I was first divorced a long time ago, I used to balance my ex's account for him for the first couple of years... and while I was working, I helped one of women who worked for me to budget her money and balance her checkbook...

And about a grillion years ago, when I took Bookkeeping in high school, I LOVED doing practice sets.. I would ask for additional ones to do..

Oh, dear, :tmi:

Clar
Holly

Post by Holly »

We have two accounts of which I am in charge . One is personal, one business. And he earns, I spend. If he wants cash, he needs to ask if he can withdraw some. And it works well for us, as he really doesn't want to know how much I spend, and he doesn't want to pay bills. :lol: