CS Digi Kits?

LadyJaine

CS Digi Kits?

Post by LadyJaine »

I was looking at the digital kit selections and options and I can't get them to make sense. Is CS still thinking 'paper' when they design their digi kits? I mean the paper only selection includes 8.5x11! I've never seen 8.5x11 on any other digital scrapping site. I was trying to find out if the other digital kits included 8.5x11 and they just say they include paper.

:anyone:
Holly

Re: CS Digi Kits?

Post by Holly »

I don't think CS has a good handle on Digi yet. They are trying, but they are so far behind what others do. I quit CS entirely, after receiving the first DIGI HA. I was so disappointed with what was done. I thought they were going to improve when they started the HA but not so. It is just too expensive for what you get.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Jean - I noticed the 8.5x11 papers also, but I've also started trying to train my eye to recognize what's different about CS stuff in general (for the purpose of mixing with my older stash). And I think a lot of it is the print designs. In the regular paper world, a printed paper typically has a repetitive pattern. Not always, but most prints I've seen cover the entire page and are repetitive. That doesn't ever seem to have been true for CS.

So, that said, the 8.5x11 papers kind of make sense still. They have a design on them that's different from the 12x12s, so not including them, means you don't get that design.

I also agree with Holly in that CS just isn't there yet with digi. It seems pretty clear to me that they're trying though (the change to the quick-drop stuff being the most obvious). It's just not the focus. But I am still in the CS groove - and I'm still taking their papers and doing layouts that are idea deck style, and for that, having 8.5x11s also can be helpful.

Just my $.02
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Holly

Post by Holly »

I agree with you too Julie, about the designs on their 8.5 x 11 paper. They do still need to include it for that reason.
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

The reason for the 8.5x11 is that none of the papers in the digi kits are created with any software. They are high res scans of the same papers that are in the paper kits. Since the 8.5x11 papers have different colors/designs than the 12x12, they include those as well.
capescrapper

Post by capescrapper »

If you are interested in 8.5 x 11" digi papers to print you can check out Canon's site and go to the Creative Park. In there scrapbook section they have only that size to download free. I am not sure if you can use them as a jpg for digi scrapping though. Check it out it is pretty extensive.

here is the link http://cp.c-ij.com/en/
LadyJaine

Post by LadyJaine »

Heavens, no! I use 12x12 and if I want them smaller, I cut them down. Keeping track of two sets of paper in my digital files would be a bit too much for me.