So, that was strange...

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
jfugina

So, that was strange...

Post by jfugina »

Rob called me at work, just before I was about to leave, and said he was taking Nicole to the urgent care, and he needed me to go straight there and take Jake home. She had done something to her knee and was screaming and couldn't move it. She didn't fall, but she sat down at day care to get a book, and then just started screaming. Rob's timing was perfect.

So I get to the urgent care, about 45 minutes later, and Nicole is in a wheelchair. No pain at all. She's just there to keep her leg elevated until the doc gets to her. They're on their way home now, and she's walking on it, and is apparently totally fine.

The only thing that happened, was when they were lifting her into the wheelchair, they tried to straighten her leg, and Rob had his hand on her knee. When they started to straighten it, it snapped. And she's been totally fine ever since. So I guess she popped it out of place when she sat down, and just needed it popped back in. That kind of thing happens to me all the time, but I'm old. I didn't think that kind of thing happened to 5 year olds. Learn something new every day.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
gwendols

Re: So, that was strange...

Post by gwendols »

Glad she's OK.
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
Dani Larcom

Post by Dani Larcom »

Weird. Glad she's better!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Glad she is doing alright and Rob was there to pop it back in. I've done that and remember the pain, even more so popping it back in. Keep her knee iced tonight since it has been through some trauma.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

That is strange. I have never heard of that happening to youngsters. My kids got the growing pains in their legs now and then, but nothing like that. Glad she's o.k.!
Cathy:)
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

paddlegal wrote:Keep her knee iced tonight since it has been through some trauma.
Um, yeah.. ice. LOL. I was in the basement when they got home and she came BOUNCING down the stairs to tell me about how she got a sticker. :wtf: Not even a hobble coming from that child.

Oh well. It's bedtime now so it's not like she's spending any more time bouncing. She might be a little tight tomorrow, but I'm sure that's something we can manage.
Julie Fugina
Lynn K

Post by Lynn K »

wow Julie, glad she is ok.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

jfugina wrote:
paddlegal wrote:Keep her knee iced tonight since it has been through some trauma.
Um, yeah.. ice. LOL. I was in the basement when they got home and she came BOUNCING down the stairs to tell me about how she got a sticker. :wtf: Not even a hobble coming from that child.
:lol: Kids!
FARLEY in Sacramento
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Wow! Glad she is okay.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
southernpeach35

Post by southernpeach35 »

wow! glad to hear she is doing ok, now!
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Crazy! Kids don't have full kneecaps until they are 5/6 years old. Maybe that had something to do with it? maybe not? Poor thing! Was is a cool sticker?
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I thought you were on vacation! What are you doing here??? LOL.
Julie Fugina
Maree

Post by Maree »

Aawww poor like tike. Hope she is okay, and not sore in the morning
Luly

Post by Luly »

Julie if what happened to her is anything like what happened to my DS Andrew she should be ok. He has this habit of squatting instead of sitting. Twice already his hip has popped out of place. Its strange and he screams in pain and the first time it happened I almost wet myself I was so scared because he was squatting one minute and screaming the next. Anyway, we had him checked out and they said he is fine. I hope your little one is just fine soon.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Thanks again everyone for your concern for her. We didn't ask how she was this morning, because she tends to be a drama queen. LOL. Instead, we watched her closely for any limping or facial expressions that would indicate discomfort. And you'd never ever know anything happened. She's one of those kids though, that if you ask her about it, she'll get all droopy and weepy and start to bawl all over again. Ug. So yeah, she seems totally fine. I just hope it's not going to be a recurring thing. Her crying is intense and freaks EVERYONE out - makes it hard to tell when she's truly hurt. :angry48:
Julie Fugina