Rough morning

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
troublesmom

Rough morning

Post by troublesmom »

I had a dr appointment this morning and then a dentist appointment. First off it was a fasting dr appointment because I was having blood taken, you know the works. You can tell it is going to be bad because my blood pressure was wayyyyy up. I have never in my entire life had high blood pressure. I gained 17 pounds in a year and a half :oops: :oops: :oops: So that being said I know that my blood workup is not going to be good either. Since I was border line high chol & diab last time I have a feeling I will be on meds before long. I go back in three weeks. I know what I have to do and I have been doing the treadmill but I just need to push away from the table much sooner. I DON"T want to go on medication. I am in hopes of loosing at least a few pounds before I go back so she will give me a chance to get them down on my own.

The dentist was just for a cleaning and I don't like that either.

Sorry i'm rambling but I figured I would bend all of your ears.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
jdrhope

Re: Rough morning

Post by jdrhope »

A lot of us can relate to that.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Isn't fun is it.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

Cheryl,
You are not alone. Hang in there. How about some papercrafting to lift your spirits? ;)
ErinW-N

Post by ErinW-N »

Cheryl, make sure they get an accurate reading on BP, I used to work with a cardiologist that would get referals from other docs about HBP and he would have me wrap the cuff on thier arm, have them wait at least 5 min and then take their BP before they were allowed to talk to him or move. Just my $0.02 :)
nancine

Post by nancine »

Losing weight and exercising go along way in helping to keep you off diabetes meds -my DH is Type 2 - he recently started taking some meds for it but when we first found out we altered his eating habits, he joined in my WT classes and lost 20 lbs. which helped a whole lot!

Your BP was probably up because you were anticipating "bad news" at the doctors!

I need to lose a few lbs. myself and decided that I should take a walk BEFORE I head out to my garage to craft - "work" before pleasure!

We're here for you :happy94:
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

I know how you're feeling. 6 years ago I was 130 pounds....today I weighed in at 210. I am such a stress eater, and now they dx me with fibromyalgia. go figure
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

:happy94:
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

I'd agree on the fact that your BP being up may have been due to the stress of having to see the doctor. I worked in Telemetry before moving here and I found that if I took a BP with one of the electroinc machines they were almost always incorrect so I always made it a point of doing it manually. Also most doctors will either do a 5 day or 10 day assessment before suggesting BP meds. I hope all goes well for you!
donnak

Post by donnak »

Cheryl - I certainly sympathize with you. I am Type II Diabetic and I take way too many meds - this after losing 35 lbs in 3 years . . . sometimes it just doesn't help. (When I was first diagnosed, I was able to change my eating habits, lose weight and stay off the pills for a year and a half). My doc tells me that eventually, I won't have a choice and will be on insulin because the pills stop working after a while (even while trying to exercise & eat right). Both my parents and one of my grandparents were diabetic and it was a stressful time for me when I was diagnosed.
BTW, I have "white coat disease" meaning my blood pressure goes up anytime I get near a doctor or a nurse (except for dh, RN). So I monitor my blood pressure for several weeks before a dr's appointment and chart it and take the chart in with me - my doc tried to increase my bp meds and I passed out 'cause I was really okay and didn't need an increase (glad dh was home and figured out what was wrong with me!) I take bp meds for my kidneys - a diabetic thing.
Hope all your tests are fine and you can stop worrying about it all! :happy94: :happy94:
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Thanks all of you. I know I need to loose weight and exercise. I did start the treadmill 2 weeks ago but I don't think that has been enough time. I have worked up to 30 minutes. Now I just need to cut portions in half. We eat very, very little red meat - probably once a month at most. It is chicken and fish. I have not reached the point yet where I can totally cut out meat. I'm working to cut the portion down. I do plan on checking my BP a few times before going to the dr again. Don't want that medicine unless it is really necessary.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Hang in there Cheryl. I wouldn't want to be on medication - of course, I wouldn't want a stroke or a damaged heart from high blood pressure either! :|
It's that time of year when a lot of people have high blood pressure - and we get active again when the weather clears up and it comes back down. Keep a close eye on it and make some good changes to bless your body (as Flylady would say).
You just need a weekend with your girlfriends.
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Now that sounds like a winner Pam! Hurry up March!!!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

My cholesterol was up last time I had a physical. And now I'm overdue for my next one because I know it's probably the same or worse. I do need to go in and get my blood checked. I don't want to face the music!
And I need a teeth cleaning! Ugh.
But I did get the mammogram earlier this year! LOL
Sucks getting old.
Cathy:)
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Cathy they call them the "golden years" So far I haven't seen anything golden. At least I am still here to complain about them. I guess right now times are tough on everyone.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO