My proud (maybe) moment

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
ChristyB

My proud (maybe) moment

Post by ChristyB »

Here I am crafting with R. She looks at me and says "I need scissors and glue dots" I am so proud I mean what 28 month old knows what glue dots are and more importantly knows what they are for.

Course my proud moment quickly disappears when she notices on her hand some ink from stamping
"OH MY GOD!" she says ---not so bad right
she then looks at me with her big blue eyes and says "D@#n" :shock:

and of course there were witnesses :oops:
nancine

Re: My proud (maybe) moment

Post by nancine »

:lol:
oh Christy, that gave me a big chuckle right now!
I remember having little ones... some of the things they say at 20 aren't as cute!
and it could've been worse... if she was at my house she probably would've said s*#!

p.s. the 20 yr. old son was home for lunch and saw my "house of love" on the mantle and said "what's this? It's kinda neat!" High praise from him!!
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

How cute! I love having my kids craft with me. It gives me someone to talk to!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

We gave our grandson a bike for Christmas last year, and when we rolled it out he said "Holy $h!t." That went over really well.

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

LOL. You're very brave Christy. I think Jake knows what a lot of my stuff is, but doesn't recite what it's for - rather he can tell you why he's not supposed to have it. Hehe.

"That scissors? That cut me? Hurt my hand?"
"That glue? That sticky my hand? All nasty?"
"That you paper? Why? No eat it?"
"That ink? That hah bah? Make me sick?"

Yes - when exploring my craft room, everything is a question. He just wants to confirm that the answers are still the same today as they were yesterday. LOL.

And Nicole - she knows how to use most of the stuff, and I occasionally let her join me. But mostly, she just frustrates me and I kick her out. Bad mommy, I know.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
grumpygramsey

Post by grumpygramsey »

reminds me of when Jessi was about 3, and we had just moved to a new place on 5 acres of land. My parents, my grandma and my brother were up to see the new place. Jess, her dad and her grandpa were out looking at the property when it started to rain. They came bustling back into the house, and as Jessi came in, she announced to all in a very loud voice "Son-of-a-b****, it's raining!"

Everyone stopped what they were doing, stared at her, then everyone looked at me, as I crawled into a hole :oops: :oops:

Clar
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Oh Christy that is so funny!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Kids you just never, ever know what will come out of their mouths!
grumpygramsey wrote:reminds me of when Jessi was about 3, and we had just moved to a new place on 5 acres of land. My parents, my grandma and my brother were up to see the new place. Jess, her dad and her grandpa were out looking at the property when it started to rain. They came bustling back into the house, and as Jessi came in, she announced to all in a very loud voice "Son-of-a-b****, it's raining!"

Everyone stopped what they were doing, stared at her, then everyone looked at me, as I crawled into a hole :oops: :oops:

Clar
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
capescrapper

Post by capescrapper »

OMG! Julie, I can totally imagine what that cute little voice sounds like in my head. How freakin' precious is that!!!

Love the paper comment. Don't eat that! LOL So cute!

Julie
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

I love hearing the 'out of the mouth of babes' stories....
yocasta

Post by yocasta »

Too cute Christy!
southernpeach35

Post by southernpeach35 »

ROFLMAO! I have a few of those stories myself, having been a single mom of three girls...whew!
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Cute Julie

Ryleigh will tell you scissors cut paper, She asks for them but only uses them when I help her. I also caught her the other day using the paper trimmer to cut a piece of paper. She needed to do works with the big girls. She'll also get a stamp pad and pat it on the paper like I do or stamp the way I do.
I even got her her own set of colored pencils, and an Elmo stamp because she kept stealing mine.
Today I was trying something with one of the 3 punches I have (not a big fan of those punches) and next thing I knew the girl is over here punching out flowers. She is too frigging smart sometimes.
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

I just love these aaahhhh moments. So super sweet. Even with the cuss word!
How could you ever be mad at such an adorable face like that one!
Cathy:)
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

And before you know it Christy, you'll be teaching your granddaughters. Trust me - it happens before you know it!
Pam Cook #48