Paula
yocasta

Re: And we think we've got problems!

Post by yocasta »

Just shoot me!
ChristineOndine

Post by ChristineOndine »

Talk about it "taking a village" that would require a major metropolitan center! Yikes!

Christine in Tucson ( my mother had her 8 one at a time - even that was dang crazy!)
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Not to be a downer here, but the likelihood that all will survive or be healthy is the impossibility. Dealing with diapers is nothing. Sending healthy thoughts their way!
Holly

Post by Holly »

Prayers and Blessings headed their way.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Luanne wrote:Not to be a downer here, but the likelihood that all will survive or be healthy is the impossibility. Dealing with diapers is nothing. Sending healthy thoughts their way!

you are correct.
The minimum those babies are going to stay in the hospital is 2 months. Last time this happened I think was 10 years ago and they all did not make it. Being born premature is rough, the more there are the harder it is.
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

Yes....prayers their way.......God bless them.....
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Can you imagine the emotional roller coaster?
I just pray they're surrounded by people who love them - people who will be there for the long haul.
Wow.
Pam Cook #48
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

and to think I only had HALF the challenge of that woman! I carried quadruplets for 5 1/2 months and delivered prematurely and lost them...there just wasn't any room left in me for any further growth....didn't lay down the last week I carried them...I can't imaginge how she did it!!!!
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Mine were in the hospital 6 weeks and 3 months (ally/Emmy). Allison was 1250 grams and Emily was 840. I try to be happy for families like this, but to me it screams of stupidity and selfishness. It also goes back to the fertility doctor who actually transplanted 8 viable embryos. I've heard they won't do more than 4 these days, and many stop at 3. stupid stupid stupid. Have one healthy one, at a time and be thankful! (Unless multiples run in the family, in that case pray a lot!)

Sorry to hijack and rant, I've just seen/lived how much can go wrong when you don't expect it, and how abandoned you are if it happens to you! I wish them the best.
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Can you imagine the expense here? Medically right now and then personally down the road! Dang.
I pray all those babies make it and have healthy lives. Poor little ones.
I miscarried at 10 weeks and I was devastated. I cannot even imagine the pain you went through Ruth Ann losing your babies at 5-1/2 months. Don't you have to file death certificates at that stage and bury them?
I'm so sorry:(
Cathy
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

ok, my last comment on this one....

Our Hospital bills (Including doctors) were almost 3 Million dollars for the full 4 months of care. That was me inpatiend for 3 weeks, ICU for me, NICU for both of them. yeah, still paying that off. Not to mention anything since we got home!

Once you have a few kids, the emotion is replaced with the work load for awhile, and everyone gets fed and diapered at the same time, if they need it or not. What I think is hilarious is that the mom still intends to Breast feed them.... bwahahahaha