Scary

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
ErinLovesRats

Scary

Post by ErinLovesRats »

The other day Jonathan was working his usual 24 hours. I went to bed late like always. When I woke up, I had slept on my right arm wrong I guess. It was numb. My left arm/hand is pretty much useless due to the stroke. So, I finally got myself to a sitting position, and then I was so scared. I couldn't do anything. I wanted to call Jonathan, but I couldn't pick up the phone with my left hand, let alone dial anything. Luckily, after a few minutes my right arm went back to normal. Then, another day, I woke up sleeping on my right arm again and my hand was numb. Now, I'm scared to sleep when Jonathan's gone.
ChristyB

Re: Scary

Post by ChristyB »

that does sound scary Erin. Do you have a speaker phone where maybe you could program his number. Minimum amount of movement needed, but would provid a bit of peace of mind
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

It might also help to put pillows
on the right side of your body
so you don't roll in that direction
when Jonathan isn't around
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
Paula

Post by Paula »

Great advice here Erin. Let us know how it works for you!

Paula
flojo

Post by flojo »

Erin, try taking two pillows, stacked on top of each other, and put them right underneath your neck and it will take the pressure off of your arm. That helped me a lot.
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Yikes! That does sound scary. The stacked pillows sound like the way to go, unless you can sleep in a recliner....
Cathy:)
ErinLovesRats

Post by ErinLovesRats »

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'll ask Jonathan about the phone, and I'll give the pillow advice a try.