Announcement: Maintenance follow-up

Notes to and from the paowers that be
Debbie J

Re: Announcement: Maintenance follow-up

Post by Debbie J »

The photo of my house was not current because it had green grass and our grass is covered in SNOW!!!! ick--but for the fun of it I googled a PAO members house is California and it even had a guy out front hosing down the driveway to the garage!!! Big Brother For Sure!!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I finally went in and looked up my address, which it could only get close to. I then went down the road snooping around the neighborhood and passed my DH's truck on the road. These have to be satellite images. And the thought occurs to me that if I can go down the roads and turn corners and zoom onto other people's houses why aren't there people in a little room doing this and finding terrorists? Who's to say they're not? This is the imagery that they're allowing us to see - what are we not seeing that's available? No wonder people develop conspiracy theories.

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pbp908 wrote:I finally went in and looked up my address, which it could only get close to. I then went down the road snooping around the neighborhood and passed my DH's truck on the road. These have to be satellite images. And the thought occurs to me that if I can go down the roads and turn corners and zoom onto other people's houses why aren't there people in a little room doing this and finding terrorists? Who's to say they're not? This is the imagery that they're allowing us to see - what are we not seeing that's available? No wonder people develop conspiracy theories.

Pam

Very good point! I thought this was a great tool for stalkers.

My address doesn't quite show up in front but rather on the side corner view. I live in a duplex half that is at the rear and can't really be seen from the street other than my driveway. These images are obviously not going to be current. The satellite view shows a car we haven't had for several years. But the street view is older too since the other half of our duplex has new landscaping from last summer and it doesn't show that.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

if you use google earth not all the images are recent. Our house was built in 2005. When I googled our addressed the image shows the house just been built and very few homes in the neighborhood (there are over a 100 now) but in the pics it showed me more trees than homes
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

The view of my neighborhood was from last fall. There were pics of a house being built and it's now completed. It cracked me up when I passed my DH.

Things like this can make you really paranoid. I'm glad they're not in realtime - burglars could have a field day.

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com