Belle crossed over the Rainbow Bridge

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
Monica

Belle crossed over the Rainbow Bridge

Post by Monica »

Belle was put to sleep today. She had a very aggressive secondary lymphoma mass in her stomach and had lost a full pound of weight since her appointment a couple months ago, she was very anemic, and the vet said it was likely in her lungs now (she was having breathing issues the past couple days), and it had likely been in her GI tract for a long time as the primary. Her bloodwork last visit had been fine, it was the mass in her stomach combined with her current health that made me decide to let her rest rather than go through treatments that may or may not work, with her still in pain.

If you need me, use the email in the address section and I'll respond, but I need to take time to mourn my furbaby.

Here are a couple pictures at the vet's shortly before they took her back.
Attachments
20240115_161428 resize.jpg
20240115_161428 resize.jpg (48.61 KiB) Viewed 456 times
20240115_161511 resize.jpg
20240115_161511 resize.jpg (66.98 KiB) Viewed 456 times
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pbp908

Re: Belle crossed over the Rainbow Bridge

Post by pbp908 »

Wish I could give you this in person. :happy94:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

Thanks, Pam. It was really rough Monday night, and I was oddly thankful to be going to work Tuesday just because I couldn't dwell on the loss. My house has felt really empty without that little furry monster in it.

I've been deep cleaning and washing curtains and blankets, because as much as I love her furry little self, Belle shed terribly! And for me, part of the healing with mourning is getting another cat. My sister nailed it when she told me that Belle was my therapy animal. I miss my Belle all the time, and still sporadically tear up, but I took a step by going to the Humane Society today and finding a kitten. I won't get her until Tuesday afternoon, so I have time to finish around the house and make sure we're ready. The little baby is long-haired (I evidently don't learn!), black and white, and 7 months old. The volunteer told me she was a shy one, but she meowed at me the moment I stopped in front of her cage, and when I held her she purred and head rubbed me. I suppose it would be more accurate to say she chose me! Maybe she sensed I was missing my Belle. The new kitty will be Audrey, after the character from Disney's Atlantis the Lost Empire, not Little Shop of Horrors (my sister's comment!).
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I walk by Apollo's and Ghost's graves every day when I go to the barn or drive out. I still speak to them and tear up.

Hope your kitten therapy works better than mine. Taz was neutered last Monday, so I took 2 days in the bedroom to baby sit him, which didn't bother me a bit since I binged 3 seasons of Heart Land. He was so loving and sweet, so of course I thought we'd turned a corner. NOT. He's back to his blood thirsty ways, but thankfully a bit tempered.

And while I didn't want a dog, and still don't if the truth be told, Max is growing on me.

I guess it just takes more time than I've given it. I just wish Taz was still the loving ball of fur he was last week.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

I have photos of Belle up around the house, and of Tigger (the cat before her), and will add to the collection as time goes on.

We ended up with two kittens, so they are companions to each other while we're at work and hopefully won't destroy the house! The first photo is Kida. She's 4 months old and full of kitten mischief. She and Audrey, the 7 month old in the second photo, share the same mama cat. Audrey is more nervous and skittish, but she cuddled right up to me.
Attachments
8310419341387231507.jpg
8310419341387231507.jpg (69.31 KiB) Viewed 413 times
Resized_20240120_113400_1705782688389.jpeg
Resized_20240120_113400_1705782688389.jpeg (59.85 KiB) Viewed 413 times
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Just seeing this on Saturday evening. So sorry to hear about Belle, my condolences Monica. And now, 2 new cats to care for and love❤.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
wannabescrappin

Post by wannabescrappin »

Also just seeing this post, Monica. So very sorry for your loss. I hope the new kittens can start to fill that hole in your heart :happy94: .
Find time each day to rejoice in the journey...

Cheryl H (aka wannabescrappin)
#61 in the order of PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

Thank you, Pat and Cheryl. The kittens are wild and crazy and full of energy, very different from Belle, and DH is enjoying that he has them to play with at night. Kida is a live wire, rampaging around until she's panting, then starting all over again as soon as she's caught her breath! Audrey didn't really come out of hiding until tonight, but she was giving Kida what for and the pair were having fun.