not my scraproom...

LadyJaine

Re: not my scraproom...

Post by LadyJaine »

I'd be that organized, but I'd want a larger actual workspace. Right now, I'm unpacking from Disney and sorting my pins, so my space isn't as tidy as it usually is.
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I'd love to have that room. Of course mine would never be as neat.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I have a couple of dogs who could come over with me and we could set that room right in about 10 minutes. ;)
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Isn't it beautiful? Don't you want to just create something in that room?
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Yep, but what I want to create is a mess!

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamjoyeng

Post by pamjoyeng »

Holy Cow! Mine would NEVER be tat clean as I alwas have a project going. LOL
Holly

Post by Holly »

Obviously --we are not related.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I see that picture and think about the huge waste of space going on in there! That area where the rug is? Oh yeah, think massive center island kind of thing, with overhangs of the actual counter/table top so that you could put bar stools if you wanted, but in the center, drawers drawers drawers. Maybe shelves. But that space would be USED.

Granted, I like a nice tidy space - I often feel claustrophobic in my house when there's not enough open space. But in a UTILITY room (which is exactly what I consider my craft room to be), it has to be all about storage and function. That room is pretty, but I'm not sure I could accomplish anything without more working space.

Christy - I feel you. Our house has 14 rooms (not including 4.5 baths and I don't even know how many closets), and not a single one is neat. The sunroom off the kitchen is somewhat close, and the dining room is somewhat decent, but Rob has a waist-high pile of wine-making supplies in there, so even that room has an entire corner of clutter. And the guest room, where no one lives, is piled to the knees in outgrown childrens clothing. Not a single tidy room in the entire house. Ug.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
dehlers43

Post by dehlers43 »

My scrap room is as clean and organized as Carrie Ann's....well, it will be once I clear off the tables, put away all the paper I bought at the last CS sale, throw away the trash, put the ink pads back in their case, tidy up my tools, file the photos, wind up that pile of fibers onto floss cards, find all of the Cuttlebug folders and dies and cram them into the case that is now too small, fix the large format printer and sell it, reconfigure the wire cubes before they fall apart, ewwww I forgot about that little "present" left by one of the cats, finish the wedding invitations I'm making for a friend.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Paula

Post by Paula »

tooo funny :angel:

Paula
dehlers43 wrote:My scrap room is as clean and organized as Carrie Ann's....well, it will be once I clear off the tables, put away all the paper I bought at the last CS sale, throw away the trash, put the ink pads back in their case, tidy up my tools, file the photos, wind up that pile of fibers onto floss cards, find all of the Cuttlebug folders and dies and cram them into the case that is now too small, fix the large format printer and sell it, reconfigure the wire cubes before they fall apart, ewwww I forgot about that little "present" left by one of the cats, finish the wedding invitations I'm making for a friend.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Carrie Ann

Post by Carrie Ann »

So...I planned to introduce myself before posting, but since Luanne "outed" my scrap space, I thought I'd say "hi.'

Yes, it's sick to be that neat and organized, but I acknowledge that I have issues. The one most significant can be seen here http://notesfortomorrow.wordpress.com (I don't use forums regularly, so I don't know how to post an image). His name is Evan and he'll be three in April. He would paint on the walls and trash the place if he could see all my goodies, so I keep them concealed for self preservation. I had just cleaned it up and done some reorganizing (I organize my organization~compulsive much?!) so it doesn't always look quite so neat.

My desk IS too small, but I make do. Yes, I can create, though I tend to keep my projects very simple~ one, because I like that look and two, most of what I do concerns one of my sons and the elaborate stuff just isn't an option. I have been on a bit of a hiatus because I work more than full-time and bringing up boys seriously sucks any remaining energy I have at days end. Now that Evan is getting a teeny bit more independent I have seen a surge in my creativity again and I look forward to chatting with you all as I explore some links on this forum and start to share with this community.

I have invited my local friends to join. We'll see if they show up. I hang with a small group of like minded souls and we get together about once a month to work together both for inspiration and companionship. Thanks for taking a look, my stats were amazing on that post! :-o

Now to figure out this "siggy" thing...

Carrie
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Welcome Carrie Ann! You see what a hard time we give people who aren't as messy as we are! You'll have to post another pic after you've been working in there. ;)

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
capescrapper

Post by capescrapper »

Wow, I love it! I would like to know if the cabinets are all handmade. They have such a wonderful look. Nice job keeping it neat and tidy!

Julie
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Welcome Carrie Anne. Evan is a doll. And we would love to see your creations here too, please. I'm just jealous that someone can be so tidy and be creative too.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Carrie Ann

Post by Carrie Ann »

Thanks, ladies!

Julie~The cabinets came from IKEA. I'm actually quite proud of myself as I did all the measuring and configuring for that wall with just the catalog. We don't have a store within 6 hours of us so we had to have it shipped to us. Still, with shipping, it was the cheapest way I could get anything done in there and move my stuff out of closets and off the dining room table.

I'd love to post some stuff on here (especially what's hiding in the rest of that room, haha), but I've yet to figure it out. :? I'm still trying to find a picture that doesn't get all distorted when I resize it small enough to be an avatar...but I don't give up easily, so I'll keep at it!

Carrie