100 Day Project

Keitha

100 Day Project

Post by Keitha »

I feel like someone here recently mentioned the 100 Day Project but can't find it now. I've never participated before, but think I'll play along this year with Stitching as my focus. Slow stitching, machine stitching, garment construction and mending all count; if a needle and thread of some kind are involved, I'm good. It's something I'd like to get back to doing more of, I already have everything I need including more than one unfinished project, and it's portable if I go back to work. This year it starts on February 13th - which makes the last day my birthday in May.
If anyone's done it before, I'm happy to hear any tips you might have for a successful outcome. Knowing I've got a couple stitching projects already started I wasn't going to do much prep in advance.
I'm not likely to post to Instagram, but might share the odd thing here. Anyone else going to play along, and what's your project?
pamcook

Re: 100 Day Project

Post by pamcook »

I don’t think I’ve heard about this before but it’s intriguing. I have a quilt made by my grandmother that needs some repair. If nothing else, I should actually complete that task! Will see what February brings before I commit to anything. Looking forward to seeing what you create.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I'm just seeing your post now, Keitha. I have an idea, I need a curtain or a panel that I can move along a rod to block the afternoon sun in my sewing room. And I've been wanting to do Siddi style quilting/stitching. I will do a border for my curtain. By the time I finish, the sun will be headed to the Northern Hemisphere but my panel will be ready for next Summer. :cool5:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Pam and Marianne - I'd be happy to have stitching buddies, but I should say that you can choose whatever kind of creative practice you want. Here's the site link if anyone wants to read more about it, and you can find people's social media posts on Instagram at #the100dayproject.
https://www.the100dayproject.org/
I'm not sure it started out as a type of art project per se, but the art community has embraced it for a few years now.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Hm. Just saw Robenmarie’s IG post about the Project. She’s talking about making a free workbook and tracker available. Will post here if it pans out.
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

pamcook wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:32 pm Hm. Just saw Robenmarie’s IG post about the Project. She’s talking about making a free workbook and tracker available. Will post here if it pans out.
Pam, I'm on Roben-Marie's email list and already received the workbook. Not sure I'll make the effort to track my progress, but its nice to have the option if i want to. Let me know if you need the workbook/link.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Keitha wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:32 pm
pamcook wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:32 pm Hm. Just saw Robenmarie’s IG post about the Project. She’s talking about making a free workbook and tracker available. Will post here if it pans out.
Pam, I'm on Roben-Marie's email list and already received the workbook. Not sure I'll make the effort to track my progress, but its nice to have the option if i want to. Let me know if you need the workbook/link.
Will do -
Pam Cook #48