Prayers please

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pamcook

Prayers please

Post by pamcook »

Our son in law was due to fly home to NZ last night but has been denied entry back to the country. Somehow in all the planning, he missed that he had to have a two week period between visiting his mom in Pakistan and returning to NZ. (He’s traveled extensively this trip - UAE, US, Mexico, GA, TX, UAE, Pakistan, UAE). He’s lost his quarantine spot. There are none open now and no current plans to open any.
They’ve been told to contact the “flight change” desk but to know they only help people who had flights cancel. Or, he can wait for the next group of quarantine rooms to open (the most recent time, over 20,000 people applied for the 3,000 rooms available), or contact the emergency request desk - which he doesn’t qualify for.
He’s on his way back to the US now to get some work done in GA and TX while this plays out. Cara is a wreck. She’s had the kids in lockdown for almost 2 months. Could be months more or even trying to arrange a move to another country. Please pray!
Pam Cook #48
4nancie

Re: Prayers please

Post by 4nancie »

praying for your family
:creating:
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

I always say, someone else is worse off then you...stop complaining.

Boy, what a different kind of problem / issue.

I certainly hope there is a quick and positive outcome for your son in law and his family. Can't imagine what your daughter is going through. Prayers for all.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

Sending prayers!!!
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Only option now is to wait until/if they open more quarantine rooms. Could be months, could be a year or more. No one even hoping the quarantine will ever be lifted. I think that when I get to hug her again, I may never let go.

Thank you Nancie & Pat. :happy94:
Pam Cook #48
Debbie AZ

Post by Debbie AZ »

Oh my goodness, that’s terrible! At least he can stay busy while waiting but poor Cara must be a wreck! Sending prayers for a speedy resolution to this dilemma.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Thank you Gwen & Debbie! :happy94:
Pam Cook #48
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

From what I've been reading it sounds as
if NZ and Australia have the toughest
covid quarantine regulations.
Can't they appeal due to the fact that his
family is residing in NZ?
What a horrible situation to be in!
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

EDelValle wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:52 pm From what I've been reading it sounds as
if NZ and Australia have the toughest
covid quarantine regulations.
Can't they appeal due to the fact that his
family is residing in NZ?
What a horrible situation to be in!
Nope. The fact he owns a business there (and has employees) means nothing. The fact they have no other family there for Cara & kids to fall back on means nothing. Thank goodness she has a friend close by and Riz’s host parents live there (about 5 hours south, though).
She and I truly appreciate your prayers.
Their PM has fooled a lot of people.
Pam Cook #48
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

WOW! I just saw this. I will be praying for them and hope that this gets resolved soon.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Thanks Sue.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Definitely adding you and all of them to my prayers. That's just crazy. Hope it's resolved soon.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Thanks Debi.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I'm seeing some really harsh things coming out of Melbourne. There is a news black out there and their media is more tightly controlled than ours.

Is there a chance that Cara and the children can fly out to the US? Meanwhile we definitely need to pray. :happy94:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

pbp908 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:54 pm I'm seeing some really harsh things coming out of Melbourne. There is a news black out there and their media is more tightly controlled than ours.

Is there a chance that Cara and the children can fly out to the US? Meanwhile we definitely need to pray. :happy94:
Yes - Melbourne & Sydney are suffering more than we can imagine. NZ is heading that direction.
Tonight, the plan is for them to ride it out a while longer. Riz, the eternal optimist hopes he can get another quarantine room when they open again. I don’t see it happening - if so, it’ll be a miracle, for sure. If schools open up again, it’ll help them all. Again, I don’t see it happening.
If Cara & the kids come here, they can’t go back. Unless the world changes dramatically. I definitely don’t see that happening. Not saying they won’t need to make that choice though. Joel and I would be the happiest people in the planet.
Pam Cook #48