How's Your Weekend?

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pbp908

How's Your Weekend?

Post by pbp908 »

What's everyone up to?

Congratulations to Pam on her upcoming retirement!! :happywave: Wish we could all celebrate in person. :happy94:

I've just finished 2 hours of doing something that I haven't done in years - ironing. Tomorrow is 50s throw-back day, so I had some scrambling to do. Found a dress that looks very much like something my mom wore in the 50s so had to iron a gazillion wrinkles out of that and then iron in pleats. :wtf: George is wearing blue jeans, a black T-shirt and a letterman jacket (Chris'), so his jeans had to be ironed with sharp creases and his T-shirt ironed. Thankfully my crinoline (yes, one of those, too) couldn't be ironed so I was spared that. And yes, we will take photos. :lol:

Other than that, we're both preparing a few dishes to feed around 40 to take with us, so slaving in the kitchen.

Trying to do a bit of laundry that was put off until today because of other crises - the worst was the dog having an upset tummy all over the large den area rug. Spent 2 days cleaning and drying that thing and then had to mop the floor. Oy. I need to go back to work so I can rehire my house cleaner!

Other than that, the usual: taking care of horses, dogs, cats, errands and trying to finish the LO for Monday's 6x6 class.

One of these days I'll have time to enjoy retirement!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Re: How's Your Weekend?

Post by pamcook »

We braved the heat to go to the flea market this morning. Lots of empty spaces but there was still a lot to rummage through.
I just finished a layout. The photos have been on my desk all week. Not sure it’s finished but I’ll post it anyway.
We might go to a friend’s tomorrow to float in their pool. There’s nothing I like about hot weather but maybe we’ll go anyway.

Thanks Pam. :happy94: It all feels surreal but I look forward to the day when I can enjoy the weekends without dreading Monday. Right now, I really look forward to the day when I don’t have to be nice to people who verbally abuse me. Sad, but true!
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

We did something yesterday (our Saturday). It was Open Garden Day in Ray's hometown of Maryborough. We jumped at the chance to walk through the gardens of houses you wouldn't normally be allowed to wander through. It was especially nice in the upscale neighborhood along the riverfront. Ray took a zillion photos and is blogging it since there isn't much travel in our lives right now.

The first one is here: http://ratbagp.blogspot.com/2021/08/mar ... den-2.html

and there will probably be 3 or 4 more blog posts over the next few days.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

Saturday started out with me going in to do the onboarding paperwork for my new job. I have to do a drug test Monday, and I won't be fingerprinted until the 8th, so it looks like my start date will be Sept. 13. As I gave my two weeks' notice to Selah, I'll actually have a week in between to briefly enjoy no work. :lol:

After paperwork I went to T-Mobile to get a new sim card in my Sprint phone, as they are dismantling Sprint towers and I sort of need signal for the thing to operate. :angry48:

Then I decided it was a nice day to get out of Yakima, so Emily and I ran to Tri-Cities to visit Craft Warehouse! We got home about 5pm, so the rest of the night will be me assembling another 2 cubby 13" storage shelving unit from Target, and moving my ink storage unit (cassette case holder) up on the wall so I have space for the washi drawers beneath it.

Beyond that... it's laundry and farmers' markets tomorrow and crafting the rest of the time!

And Pam C... Yay for retirement!!!! :happywave:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Congrats to Pam C on your upcoming retirment!!! :happywave:

Last night was the return of Friday Night Lights at our local High School. Jake is a freshman in the marching band, and loving every minute of it (kind of a surprise to me, because those 4 years he spent as a band tagalong he didn't act like he looked forward to his turn. But I'm thrilled he's into it. I was worried he'd want to be a hermit for his whole high school career.

Today Rob and Jake had a scout BBQ to attend, so I spent the afternoon catching up on scrapbooking. I should have floated around in our woefully underutilized pool, but it's just not as much fun for me when I'm totally alone.

I spent this past week kind of in a melancholy mood, because while I'm super excited about all of the things that seem to be getting back to normal-ish, I find that the slow pace of the last 18 months was something I got used to all too quickly, and the past month has just by gone lightning fast. I know that so much has happened in the last month, and while I was absolutely present, I find myself feeling like I totally "missed" it. I don't know if that makes any sense, but I feel like I've been watching my life from the rear view mirror. I need to make more of an effort to savor it as its happening rather than just hurrying up to make sure we're ready, and then missing the actual moment.

This week is going to be another exciting week, as we look forward to another home football game on Friday, and going to retrieve Nicole for the long holiday weekend. We're also un-burying our Jeep CJ7 from the garage to get it to a shop where it will hopefully be on its way to being road-worthy again. We haven't had it licensed in probably 10 years, and I want to have a convertible to use again this fall.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Our weekend coming along, we did a grocery run Sat. and spent way too much.
Tom is doing pretty good after his hand surgery. It looks like he will be able to make
a fist. He has an inch and a half cut on the back of 3 fingers and thumb.
It was done as an outpatient so no hospital stay. No putting his to sleep {one of his problems}

Sunday, going to church and having dinner. My sister-in-law will stop by and eat with us.
She helps at the food pantry after church.

Other than that same O same O.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois