Home again

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pamcook

Home again

Post by pamcook »

We left MO yesterday morning and drove straight through to get home at almost 3 this morning. There’s just no easy route and Joel wanted to be driving the mountain passes with minimal traffic to contend with.
Anyone else like me? I’ve started getting anxiety attacks in heavy traffic when I’m a passenger. I have to constantly distract myself. The 18 hour trip I stared at my phone Waze app to help navigate traffic issues.

Am I happy we didn’t break up the trip? I don’t know. Such a headache today and I miss my family. :cry:
Pam Cook #48
kacarr61

Re: Home again

Post by kacarr61 »

When we drive to see my daughter in Syracuse NY from Moline IL (13 hour drive) sometimes we stop half way and sometimes we drive straight thru. Pros and cons for each! Wish we could just teleport!!!
Kathy Carr
Monica

Post by Monica »

Glad to hear you're home safe! When hubby and I drive down to California to visit family we do it in two days, then on the way back we push hard. It's an 18 hour drive, so we usually end up pulling into a rest stop around 2m to sleep for a few hours then push the rest of the way. We do switch off, but sometimes it's just not restful sleep in a moving vehicle.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I'm at the point where I'm not a good traveler at all. I ended up sitting in the back seat yesterday while my neighbor drove me to Pinehurst for my eye appt. I've found I'm a front seat driver, not a back seat driver, so I sat back there with my tablet, listened to music and relaxed. :lol: Traffic makes me nuts, which is why I quit traveling I-74 back and forth to work and took the back roads. Even with the speed limit difference it took the same amount of time, but was much more relaxing. No semis barreling past me in rain so heavy I couldn't see, no wrecks (that I saw but I saw plenty on I-74), nobody getting crazy when I was traveling at the speed limit (70!) and acting like that was a personal affront - no craziness.

My sister and niece used to drive straight through from Lumberton to Connecticut. I-95 though NYC would have been enough to make me stay home. :shock:

BTW, my doctor's ring tone was the Darth Vader theme. :lol: Gotta love a doctor with a sense of humor.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

Some time back I took car service (yesterday's Uber)
back and forth to work but had a friend with an SUV
pick me up and take me to work for several weeks.
Then I noticed, when riding in a regular sedan type
car in the front seat I was getting nervous while riding and it took
me awhile to figure out it was the perspective of riding
high in the SUV then coming back down riding in a
regular car that caused the anxiety. Once I realized the problem
I was a little better at someone else driving
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn