Glue Inkpad

Save some $ Find out what works
mpizzazz

Glue Inkpad

Post by mpizzazz »

What ink/glue do you use to stamp something and then add glitter or other fine powders to it? I don't mean to emboss but just to glue it down. And do they hold up to sending it through the mail?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
jmp1022

Re: Glue Inkpad

Post by jmp1022 »

I just use white glue.
Depends on glitter.
I like fine glitter better.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I do have a glue ink pad - it's very old though. I wonder if it's dried out??
I would think any glue will work - I've never had a problem. I do use my finger to press the glitter into the glue just to be sure. Just press lightly. If it's a very complicated design, I'll use a piece of clear plastic packaging and an acrylic stamping block - lay the packaging over the design and then the stamping block on top. I don't press it down, I feel like the weight of the block is enough and it doesn't ruin the design.

I hope that's helpful!
Pam Cook #48
BekiWard@msn.com

Post by BekiWard@msn.com »

Years ago, I took a class where we made and used a glue pad, then adhered fold flakes to the stamped image. We made the pad by using a piece of "dry" ink pad comparable to the size of the stamp we were using; then we simply "inked" it with a clear drying glue; while wet, we added the flakes, then removed the excess with a brush similar to a stencil brush. I wish I could remember the glue we used...the same process could be used for glitter.

Another method I've used in the past was to ink the image with any embossing ink, then use "sticky powder" rather than regular embossing powder, then add glitter, micro beads, foil, etc.

I'll try to remember the type glue we used for the "ink" pad method...
Beki Ward
Clarksville VA
BekiWard@gmail.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I didn't ever do a lot with glitter, but I looked through my stuff, and found a glue pad called the "essential glue pad". The pad itself didn't have a brand name on it, but I also have a refill bottle for the pad and it's branded from Tsukineko. In that same drawer (which has glitter, mica powder, and perfect perls, and flocking), I also found a small little "Perfect Medium" pad from Ranger. Both are pretty dried up, but apparently that's what I used to use.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Thanks for the tips, everyone! I will see what I can find around here now that I know the names of the products. I did watch one video of a do it yourself inkpad using a sponge filled with clear glue. I doubt I do that much stamping to waste that much glue.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com