sticker sheets

A great location for discussions about all things organizational. From supplies to creations - how do you keep your crafts organized?
Keitha

sticker sheets

Post by Keitha »

I can't resist a sticker sheet. If they match a collection of papers I keep them together, but haven't figured out where to store the ones that don't go with specific papers, especially if the images/icons are generic, i.e. could be used on any kind of layout. Typically they're 6x12 or 12x12 in size. I'm curious where you put them/how you organize them so you remember to actually use them?
pbp908

Re: sticker sheets

Post by pbp908 »

I'm no help because mine are currently languishing in various bags with the kits they came in. I'd love to know what to do with them, too.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Oh my gosh - I've struggled with this issue so much! Most of my sticker sheets that came with kits have stayed "filed" with any remaining papers from that kit/collection. I've got my papers in hanging file folders. But if the sheets came from a warehouse box, or if they were originally with a kit or collection and the papers are gone, then they're in a drawer. That's it - just laying flat in a drawer. I think my hope was that if I still had papers that coordinated, that I'd go for papers first and want to remember that I had matching stickers.

My sticker sheet drawer is in a reflections cube with 3 drawers, and the other two drawers have alpha sticker sheets, and fibers/ribbon/trim. Clearly those drawers are embellishments go to die, because all three drawers are overflowing. :oops:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I have a hanger thing on the wall with clips to hold them. The top if this thing looks like a piece of gutter and it’s designed to holds spools of thread. Sorted alphabetically sometimes brand, sometimes designer name, sometimes theme - depends on how they speak to me. If the page is 12x12, I cut it half so they don’t stick out too far.
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

My organizing efforts for the past couple days. This is what I call my journaling box where for years I have kept journaling cards, printed tags, labels, word stickers, etc. Until yesterday it also held blank shipping tags and PL cards, but when I couldn't find a PL card I wanted, knew it was time for an overhaul. The blank shipping tags have gone in a different container, easy to access when I need one. And now I've been reminded I don't need to buy any more for about a decade. I'd like to replace the hide-covered box here, but it exactly fits my Expedit shelf so for now I'm living with it. The blue cardboard stadium-style box inside was an empty display box I saw at the drugstore years ago that they kindly let me have. It's perfect for keeping the various types of journaling spots separated with the minimum effort of opening packages or containers. I debated about purging those Maya Road and Cosmo Cricket spinners, but for now they remain. The labels tucked in the side are multiples of other labels in the mix. The sticker sheets in the front of the box are my old 7Gypsies 97% complete stickers; I reach for them frequently for words or phrases, and have them on a binder ring so I can easily flip through them. The couple of random 12x12 sticker sheets that prompted this thread are in the back of the box, and I have plenty of room to add more. Which I will do as I come across them; if they're all in one place, it's more likely I'll get in the habit of using them, and perhaps not just for layouts using the papers they came with.
The second photo is mostly PL cards. I don't have a ton, and am happy to keep it that way. Also included are some before-the-days-of-Project Life cards that are a similar size/shape; mostly I use them on layouts so the exact size doesn't matter. In the left slot are the other paper/paperboard journal 'spots' I have - including some printed on transparencies and those old Maya Road plastic ones (in the tin). Another day I'll sort/organize the PL cards, dividing them between journaling/decorative cards, and possibly loosely by category. To that end I've left the blank index cards here as well.
Attachments
2021-03-06 12.46.08_r.jpg
2021-03-06 12.46.08_r.jpg (210.46 KiB) Viewed 204 times
2021-03-06 12.46.23_r.jpg
2021-03-06 12.46.23_r.jpg (210.71 KiB) Viewed 204 times
Monica

Post by Monica »

Looks great, Keitha! It's always great to find a better way to keep things organized in a way you'll use them.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Great job of making your system work for you! Did you run across things you had forgotten about?
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

pamcook wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:56 pm Great job of making your system work for you! Did you run across things you had forgotten about?
No big surprises, although it did give me the chance to look at things in a new way, with my current projects in mind. I'd gotten into a rut with my journaling choices, so hope this will encourage me to mix it up a bit more.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I don't have any great ideas about sticker sheets or embellishment sheets yet... I DID go through all the stickers/embellishments and pull out the ones I won't use... those are in the donation pile. That allowed me to fit all the things I'm keeping into one plastic tote. Now I need to figure out how to sort those other than just having similar themes in some page protectors. So I'll be following this conversation in case one of you has an amazing magical way to keep all that stuff sorted. :)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Here’s my thingy I described so eloquently earlier in this thread. I wish I hadn’t bought it but it does work well - just unsightly in a guest room.
Storage options as so good to discuss because there are so many. Some options seem obvious but really, they aren’t always. So many factors to weigh in! Space always being my biggest obstacle. Plus - out of sight, out of mind keeps me from using stuff if it’s not right there in my face. My ideal work space would be an island-height desk with an overhang so I could stand or sit. That desk would have a ton of drawers. One for sticker sheets, one for Thickers, and the rest of the drawers for everything else. Everything within easy reach and the drawer sizes would be what limits my purchasing! (As if!) For several years I’ve using a sewing machine cabinet. There’s room for my most used supplies and everything lease is stashed around the room or in the two closets. Not ideal but works fairly well.
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Not sure what your 'thingy' is Pam; was there meant to be a photo? I agree, there are many different options for storing things and the trick is to find what works for you. I'm basically lazy so have always preferred the KISS method - Keep It Simple, Silly. To that end I like open containers that are easy to get things in and out of, but I don't like visual clutter so prefer containers I can't see through. It's a balancing act. I don't like flat items (paper, sticker sheets, etc) laying in a drawer or tray; I find it easier to flip through them if they're standing up, rather than having to remove what's on top to see what's underneath. Thus my paper is all in 12x12 file folders in file carts, Thickers and small paper pads stand up in bins, and I'm happy with my decision to have sticker sheets standing in the back of the journal box, now that I've made room for them. Years ago I bought one of those sturdy cardboard containers that's about 13x13x 5"; different height things stand in divided slots, and there are some small drawers in the front that pull out below the shorter slots. I want to say Making Memories made it. I remember back in the day people covered and decorated them; I'm glad I never bothered because no doubt I'd cringe now at whatever I might've done to it, but the plain kraft exterior is timeless. It works perfectly for all my stencils; I keep them in the original packaging so they don't get tangled together, although I slit open the side to easily get them in and out without fighting with adhesive. I won't repurpose it, but if I had another I think it would work well for sticker sheets. If I didn't have room where they are, I'd probably stand them in one of those 2" wide plastic paper holders that Cropper Hopper makes.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I seem to be all about the stickers lately. I've decided to pull all the 12x12 sticker sheets out of the paper files and store them together in a plastic paper holder, even if I have matching papers. This because I used a border sticker yesterday that I never would have considered, except I noticed it when I was rifling through the file for a background paper (for a mini paper pad sketch). I'm hoping that more of them will get used up this way - assuming I remember to look at them when I'm pulling supplies for a layout. I store my papers by theme and my alternative thought was to make sure that all the sticker sheets were in the front of each paper file, rather than nestled with their matching papers. But I've decided to pull them for a couple of reasons; getting them out of the paper carts should free up a bit of space there and I've lots of room on the shelf right now, and leaving them sorted by theme means I'm still only considering them when I look at that particular file of paper. Worst-case scenario if I don't like that method is I have to refile them with the papers. I'm sharing my thoughts in case it's helpful to someone else.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I forgot to add the photo to my post.
6BEB2CCA-4FD6-4982-855A-72691A54072E.jpeg
6BEB2CCA-4FD6-4982-855A-72691A54072E.jpeg (76.55 KiB) Viewed 157 times
Pam Cook #48
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Some of my best ideas have been while rifling through supplies.
I watched a home organization video yesterday - the woman suggests there are basically four different types of organizing personalities. Of course some of use are a bit of some of more than one. It was pretty interesting how some strongly need everything behind closed doors and others need everything out in the open.

Shimelle mentioned the other day how someone suggested to her that after finishing a project, to try pulling out what you plan to use for the next one (to motivate you to clear off your work space when finished). I consistently leave things out because I want to remember to use them again - and usually don't and then end up with a pile of random stuff in my way.

Back to sticker sheets - another thing I hope to try to remember to do some day is to start with some supplies I really want to use (almost always stickers) and plan my page from there. When I'm sorting through my stickers looking for title ideas, I come across stickers I love and want to use and then forget about them. I'll let you know if I'm ever that organized.
Pam Cook #48
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

I saw a very interesting video on YouTube the other day. She said stickers will stick to waxed paper AND be able to be pulled off and restuck to paper. She had taken a random blank book, glued waxed paper to the pages and arranged her stickers by rainbow, season, and other random categories (arrows, hearts, words, etc). She even showed how to assembly line cut the waxed paper, put on the glue, etc to make things go faster. I LOVED how you could open to the red pages and you had an assortment of red tags or go to Christmas and there they all were together. She did not do her alphas. I may try it when I get my craft room back together. Today I threw away my roller stamps, a ton of brads, and a Creative Memories tool that cut your picture into a circle. Tomorrow I am tackling my die cuts and ribbon.

Judy
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO