ReCreate 2021

For those gathering for the scrapping weekend in North Carolina.
pamcook

Re: ReCreate 2021

Post by pamcook »

We can do that - no problem!

How much is the quarantine in Canada? It’s $5k per person in NZ. A bit less in USD but still...

Oh and never let the thought of supplies stop you. You would only need to say the word and we’d have a huge supply ready for you.
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Keitha - I haven't been to ReCreate for years, but those first few years when I could go - I flew. It's definitely a challenge, but do-able. I have one of those big crop n style cube shaped rolling case, and I managed to get most of what I needed in there. That bag was checked, and the rest went in my carry-on bag. Not like I needed a lot of room for clothes - I only went for a weekend and just needed a change of lounge wear. ;-)

The next time I go, I'll go ahead and drive if I can get Nicole to go with me. Otherwise, I'll be figuring out how to pack for a plane again. I can't do a drive that long by myself.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Julie I drive from Illinois all the time. I spend a night at sons or in a motel.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Ohioans who travel to high covid positive testing areas out of state, are required to self quarantine for 14 days upon returning home.

We are not traveling until we receive vaccine, so we have been hunkering down at home for the most part.

Maybe one day I can get to ReCreate...
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
BekiWard@msn.com

Post by BekiWard@msn.com »

Wouldn't it be awesome if we could ALL get together for a mammoth re(create) one day! It would be so fun meeting in person and creating together.

We have such a great time!
Beki Ward
Clarksville VA
BekiWard@gmail.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

When I went to ReCreate in 2016 I drove myself from Ontario. Could be done in one long day, but I broke it up over two so I could stop when and where I felt like. Had dinner in a fabulous restaurant in Ellicottville I'd never have discovered if I hadn't stopped for the night. But I don't mind long drives, and prefer to have what I want with me.
Pam, we definitely have a 14 day quarantine period. New measures are being introduced which will include a mandatory 3-day gov't appointed hotel stay to await test results upon return, in addition to the negative test result you need before you come. They're still finalizing details and haven't announced when this all takes effect; for sure before May. Frankly, much as I'd love to see everyone it's not worth it to me to travel before I can get a vaccine, either.
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Tom and I drove from Ill to North Carolina, then to Jacksonville FL, then on to Stuart FL.
We traveled next to where we are now. We stayed a couple of days at each place.
We wore masks when we got out of the car.
We are basically in self guaranteed all the time where we are at.

Not much is closed here.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO

Northeast Illinois
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I hope to join in next year when there’s been a general all around improvement and quarantining for 14 days isn’t necessary. Like Jill and Keitha, I would love to drive it. Just think of all the birding stops I could make. :lol:

Seriously this year doesn’t seem practical coming from CA going through so many states and what might be involved returning home. Believe me, I’ve been giving it a lot of thought. I have high hopes for 2022 and finally meeting you all for real.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Debbie AZ

Post by Debbie AZ »

That could be our epic road trip! I’d like to drive too but too far by myself.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Debbie AZ wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:51 pm That could be our epic road trip! I’d like to drive too but too far by myself.

YES Debbie!

I really would love to do this next year. I am pinning my hopes on a healthier country for traveling from state to state.
FARLEY in Sacramento
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Well, I'll be safe because of both shots.

So we should all work to drag I mean to ask more people to come
walk, drive or fly.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO

Northeast Illinois
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I had mentioned before that I don't like the idea of making that long drive by myself. Even if I'm the only driver, I still need company to keep me from just spacing out. Farley - if you seriously ever contemplate the drive from CA, and if that route happened to take you through St. Louis, I'd be more than happy to offer you an overnight in our guest room, and if you wanted company for the rest of the drive, I'd be totally down. We also have a wild bird sanctuary here, but maybe that doesn't count as birding officially, since they're captivity (rescue/rehab).

How funny would it be if Farley started out on the west coast and was able to grab 2 or 3 more people along the way and have a full carload by the time she got to the east coast? What a road trip that would be!

Either way, flying or driving, I really do need to make it a priority to get back to ReCreate in 2022. It's such a fun time.
Julie Fugina
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

It’s a very different experience now. With a week to enjoy, the pressure is off to be creating every minute. We share meal prep and clean up - or decide to run out to one of the small family run restaurants or head north to see the wild horses - or head south to jump on the ferry over to Ocracoke - or walk on the beach - or enjoy the pool - or go downstairs to watch a movie in the theatre room - or...

The stress level is dramatically lower. Everyone is there to have fun and enjoy each other.
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

It sounds absolutely heavenly Pam. And with it being longer than a weekend, that makes driving it more bearable too. My general rule is that if I'd have to spend more time driving than the amount of time I'm spending at the destination, then going by car is not an option. I am generally far more interested in (and anxious to get to) the destination than I am the journey. LOL.
Julie Fugina
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Julie I will keep you and your generous offer in mind. Picking people up (Debi:) on the way would be very cool. I may have to get a bigger car. It’s an SUV but not a huge one. Oh if only I still had my Ford Diesel Excursion, LOL.
FARLEY in Sacramento