Paper bead Class January 24, 7pm CST

New tricks to amaze your friends
Luanne

Paper bead Class January 24, 7pm CST

Post by Luanne »

This will be a really fun, freeing class! Try to get a few friends together and you'll really have a good time. It's paper fondue! We will be making paper beads and decorating them with UTEE. This is not intended to be a costly endeavour, rather use up your itty bitty scraps to create awesome chunky beads you can make into jewelry or decorate your paper creations.

Time of class will be determined closer to the date. Class format will include videos via youtube, directions via PAO Forum and PAO Live chat if you have questions. All class info will be available during and after class, so don't worry if you miss it, it'll be around for awhile.

Please collect the following materials:

Mandatory: a melting pot, ultra thick embossing powder (UTEE), heat resistant craft sheet, skewers (metal or wooden, wood es easiest), varied paper scraps, scissors.

Optional : Colored & metallic embossing powders, micro beads, pearl ex powder, colored thread, anything itty bitty, colored markers, old book pages, markers, newspaper
Luanne

Re: Paper bead Class January 24, time TBA

Post by Luanne »

If any local gals want to get together the weekend before to play and 'film' the class with me, just let me know. Either Saturday or Sunday.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Luanne - I'm not sure if this is what you envisioned, but the thing I set up for adding tutorials on the homepage has a way to insert multimedia links, so it looks like if you wanted to write up a tutorial and post your video with it on the PAO homepage, that should work. That might make the tutorial easy to find after-the-fact as well. But then we'd still do the live chat to go along with it.

Another thing that could be done, is that we can publish the "class" separate from the tutorial section, and add a live chat box directly below the class instructions. The up-shot is that the chat and the instructions would be together on the same page. The downside is that the class page would only be available for the specific timeframe that the class was happening (since we wouldn't want to keep that chat open).

Just an idea - if the forum is an easier place to publish the written instructions, then that's fine too. Whatever works for you, and would be the easiest format to follow. Lots of options available. Let me know if you have any other ideas before this weekend, and I'll get the necessary setup added to my maintenance list.
Admin
#1 in the order of the PAO
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Admin, that would be fantastic! I would much rather post directly to PAO, then make the links available on You tube if necessary. Since I'm doing the class for friends, I'd rather know who is there ie:registered, rather than guests.

I think posting the steps in the Forum would be optimal, so people could go back and look at them, but i'll do the live chat for any direct questions. I plan on having everything done, and not playing along so I'm available for questions, but I'll have supplies on hand if I need to experiment to clarify something.

ps- I was going to make a DVD available with the instructions and videos also. (After the class in case somebody wanted it for later.)
Dani Larcom

Post by Dani Larcom »

Luanne - you ROCK!
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

and you all call me Martha... :D
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Whatever suits you-you're the teacher. :D I'm just letting you know what's available. Anything that's posted on the homepage can be restricted to public or registered users, so if you change your mind about posting the class instructions and videos there (with an embedded chat on the same page), and only making it visible to members, then let me know.
Admin
#1 in the order of the PAO
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I would love to do it there!
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE..... ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm so excited!

So, I contacted Ranger about the class, and we're gonna get some of the latest greatest stuff to play with!!! I can't tell you how excited I am! Hurray!!!!!!!!
Dani Larcom

Post by Dani Larcom »

!!!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!!!! Next thing you know, you're the next Tim Holtz!
nancine

Post by nancine »

wow Luanne! This is really exciting and you found a "sponsor" too - next thing you know there will be a Luanne Cruise... :clap: :clap:
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

OMG! That's amazing! How cool are YOU??? Very cool, methinks.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

nancine wrote:wow Luanne! This is really exciting and you found a "sponsor" too - next thing you know there will be a Luanne Cruise... :clap: :clap:

Now I would pay for that :lol:
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Methinks so too!
donnak

Post by donnak »

I would love to attend a "Luanne Retreat!" Just think how much fun it would be!!!