Attention Swap Hostesses...

Notes to and from the paowers that be
admin
Site Admin

Attention Swap Hostesses...

Post by admin »

I've been doing some work on the home page this weekend, trying to get it ready with some of the new features that have been requested. I found a calendar that I think will serve our purposes fairly well, and I'd love it if you ladies could give it a try.

The swap calendar is currently only accessible from the home page (paohome.paperartistsonline.com), and you have to be logged in to the home page to see it. I've got one phase of the user synchronization worked out, so no new registration is required. You'll find the login form under the main menu - The PAO Community. You use your forum info to log in.

Once logged in, you'll see a member menu, and that's where the calendar is. The "Add Event" is a little strange from a display sense, but appears to be functional.

Dont' go crazy adding all of your swaps if you don't like it. I'm just looking for some hostesses to try it out to see if it suits the swap needs. If this calendar looks like it's going to do the trick, then I'll add a link directly to it from the forum, after I have the user synchronization completely done. I don't want members to have to log in a second time just to see the calendar. But for testing it out, you'll have to log in to the other area.

All members are welcome to take a look at the calendar, but as it's the hostesses that will be adding stuff to it, I'm concerned with their input about how easy/clear it was to add events.

Please post any comments to this thread, or send e-mail to admin@paperartistsonline.com. If this is good, we'll keep it, and if not, I'll keep looking.

Thanks for your assistance and feedback.
Admin
#1 in the order of the PAO
Ruth Ann Landry

Re: Attention Swap Hostesses...

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

I went to homepage, attempted login (even tho I'm logged in here already) and my username and password failed (the same I use here)????????????
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

I could login no problem, access the calendar and sort of put my info in. but only about half and no place to hit a final add/submit button
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

I added a few of mine, and like it.

the add button is at the top in the form of a disc icon.

ps- Thanks Admin for doing this! It really shows what's due, when. I love it!!!! I know you've put in a ton of hours for un on this. really, I thank you very very much! Now will you please swap with us???
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Luanne wrote:
the add button is at the top in the form of a disc icon.

?
head slap
back to the calendar
Dani Larcom

Post by Dani Larcom »

:roll:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ruth Ann Landry wrote:I went to homepage, attempted login (even tho I'm logged in here already) and my username and password failed (the same I use here)????????????
Ruth Ann - it's SUPPOSED to be the same id and password, yes. So something might have been off with the user sync. I just tried something that might explain the problem. I re-set your password for you recently, because of an e-mail you sent. That new password worked to log you in on the homepage. So I'm guessing that I brought the passwords over from here before you changed the one I set for you.

Once I've got the synchronization going both ways, it will probably be fine.

Christy - any luck saving? Yeah, the save button is the thing that looks like a floppy disk and cancel is the X.
Admin
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

yes, admin, that was the problem and I'm fine now...just have to study it over and figure it all out....thanks sooooo much for listening to us on this.....love ya!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Cool Ruth Ann - thanks for letting me know. And figuring it all out - that's part of why I didn't post more instructions. If it's not really intuitive, people won't use it. So I wanted to see what initial impressions were.

And after next weekend's maintenance, you shouldn't need to log in to the home page at all. If you've got an open session here, you should be able to go right to the calendar (already logged in) and update your entries.

I also added a little sidebar to the home page that will show what's due in the next 30 days (up to 10 things). You can click on that link and see the details without being logged in. I thought it might be cool to let passers by know what they're missing by not being a PAOist. ;)
Admin
Holly

Post by Holly »

I tried it, it was a little confusing, but workable, once I explored the options. Thanks for doing this, cause I think it will be a big help to many who tend to lose track of their swap commitments. Plus you can add the classes on here can't you? I mean when they get up and running.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I was able to look at the calendar, but didn't add anything (canceled before saving).

Holly - I would imagine that all events could be displayed on the calendar. There appears to be a category for chats too already. So I don't know why classes couldn't go on there.

I've been wondering about that though. I've never actually attended a live on-line class. How are those typically done?

Oops.. sorry for the :hijack:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Thanks Admin.
It worked--Once I went to firefox--Safari wouldn't let me save anything

I like the calendar. You can take a quick peek and see what is coming up.
:happywave:
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I didn't try to add anything, but I did take a look. Love the calendar option! Love the Tutorials section! I think that both of these will be wonderful additions to our community. The only down side was the login section - I had trouble seeing the pale blue lines there and just trusted that I was entering login and password info into the right spots. But that could be blamed on "old eyes" (and "up too early eyes") and not anything related to the site. ;)

Admin - I love you! You're the best!

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I tried it and found it fairly straight forward to use. This will be a great addition--especially for those of us who have a particularly full swap calendar :crazy: and those of us who suffer from CRS :shh:
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

Took me a minute, but I found it, couldn't find where/how to add event, so I figured that out, I LIKE IT!! all the swaps in one place!
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio