Fun Challenge #2 - self-care

For anyone wishing to post a cyber-crop, here's the place.
Monica

Fun Challenge #2 - self-care

Post by Monica »

And you're all looking at this going "what the heck is she thinking?" Well, let me explain. ;) I meant to post another challenge earlier this week, but I just wasn't feeling any motivation. Wallowing in a state of emotional drain and lack of 'give-a-damn', and feeling like just getting out of bed every morning is a fight, never mind the whole work thing and being a functional human being. So I'm going to practice some self-care this weekend. Here's the plan: Take a nap. Use one of the facial masks. Drink tea and read a book without worrying about what needs to be done. That's all there is to it. Just do something for you, that benefits no one else but you. Because if we don't take care of ourselves, we can't be there for others. Share what you decided to do this weekend on this thread. It can be a simple as a nap or painting your nails... just do something that lifts your spirits.

And remember... you are loved. :happy94:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pbp908

Re: Fun Challenge #2 - self-care

Post by pbp908 »

I've been pretty much reading a book a day for the past year. :lol:

I'm still trying to recover from last weekend's bruises, 100s of bug bites and aching joints, so tomorrow I might bathe in Calamine lotion!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Debbie AZ

Post by Debbie AZ »

I bought me the iPhone 12 pro max, excited for the camera. I upgraded from an iPhone 6 so I’m learning my way around.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Saturday is Charley’s virtual Zoom law school graduation. He, valedictorian and Holli, salutatorian decided to combine their speeches and give it together. They recorded it last week so tomorrow will be interesting. Yes, I could do with some self care...maybe Sunday, LOL...after the drive by baby shower of my car mechanic and his wife.

About naps...take them when you are feeling in need. Sleep these days is a gift and I take advantage of it whenever possible.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

About naps...take them when you are feeling in need. Sleep these days is a gift and I take advantage of it whenever possible.

FARLEY...my dad was a big fan of naps. Listen to your body. Going as far to say get under the covers.

I don't get under the covers, but I do lay down with a big throw over me. Sometimes your body can't go one step further, and you gotta nap.

I read all the time. Do a bit of sewing. I'm all for taking care of ME.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

I'll be doing nothing but self care this weekend. I did a face plant on the driveway yesterday - twelve stitches above my eye, thankfully nothing broken in my elbow, but my body is not happy with me.
I think I'll join the other readers this weekend. I have a stack of books waiting for me.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

pugmom wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:24 am I'll be doing nothing but self care this weekend. I did a face plant on the driveway yesterday - twelve stitches above my eye, thankfully nothing broken in my elbow, but my body is not happy with me.
I think I'll join the other readers this weekend. I have a stack of books waiting for me.
Sue! What caused you to fall? That’s so scary. It took me several days to get over the emotional impact when I fell. My chiropractor helped me with the whiplash (I went straight away!) and reminded me to be aware of the emotional impact. I can still hear the sound of my head hitting the tile floor! Be very good to yourself.

Pamper yourself every way you can. We all need to! We’re doing our best to do what all we need to but in a constant state of threat. I know I’m exhausted. I even splurged on a new face moisturizer!
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I just updated my Nook and made Chris a hair appt., which is pampering ME because he looks like a back woods mountain man at this point - hair to his shoulders and his beard is starting to curl.

Today I'm starting on Christmas cards so I'll be doing what makes me happy - creating. As soon as it warms up a bit I'm going out to enjoy the sunshine after all of the rain this week.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

OMG Sue, that sounds terrible. Do take care of yourself.
Debbie, that's some pampering with the new phone. Enjoy.
Farley, while a Zoom graduation isn't as good as the real thing, I'm sure in years to come Charley will be glad to have his Valedictorian speech recorded.
I have to say I've always been good at pampering myself; probably easier to do when you're single. My dad was a big fan of taking a snooze to recharge, and years ago following his example I taught myself to as well. Doesn't matter if I only have 15 minutes I set the alarm, get under the covers and go to sleep.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Oh no Sue! OMGosh I am so sorry. I hope you have something for the pain and allow yourself to do nothing but rest/eat/sleep.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

SUE...oh no. I feel for you. Stitches around the eye are not fun, ask me how I know ;) ;) ;)

Hoping you are a quick healer, and you recover without too much inconvenience.

And PAM C...I've fallen and whacked the back of my head more than once. :?

We all deserve some ME time.

Be safe out there people.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

pamcook wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:02 am
pugmom wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:24 am I'll be doing nothing but self care this weekend. I did a face plant on the driveway yesterday - twelve stitches above my eye, thankfully nothing broken in my elbow, but my body is not happy with me.
She! What caused you to fall? That’s so scary. It took me several days to get over the emotional impact when I fell. My chiropractor helped me with the whiplash (I went straight away!) and reminded me to be aware of the emotional impact. I can still hear the sound of my head hitting the tile floor! Be very good to yourself.

Pamper yourself every way you can. We all need to! We’re doing our best to do what all we need to but in a constant state of threat. I know I’m exhausted. I even splurged on a new face moisturizer!

Pam, I actually don't know what happened. I think I was walking too fast and tripped over my own feet.
The doctor called this morning and the radiologist wants me to see an Ortho Doc on Monday. He thinks I may have a chip fracture.
Thanks for all the good thoughts.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
Debbie AZ

Post by Debbie AZ »

Oh my goodness Sue! That sounds terrible. Hope you are taking it easy. Did you trip on something?
Monica

Post by Monica »

Sue! :happy94: I hope you recover from that quickly. And you definitely need that pampering of yourself.

Glad to hear we're taking the time for self-care, no matter what form it takes. I grabbed a mug of hot tea, some biscotti, and a book, and curled up in the recliner with a blanket over me. And my furbaby was delighted to have mommy where she could just curl up beside me and purr. I read for about half an hour, then took a nap until Alexa woke me up with a reminder... so peaceful and relaxing!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
wannabescrappin

Post by wannabescrappin »

A little late but I turned off the TV and telephone!! Wonderful calm and quiet! Thanks, again Monica... :happy94:
Find time each day to rejoice in the journey...

Cheryl H (aka wannabescrappin)
#61 in the order of PAO