October 2020 Card Challenge - Easy Masking

paddlegal

Re: October 2020 Card Challenge - Easy Masking

Post by paddlegal »

jmp1022 wrote:very pretty
Is that a leaf stencil?

Thank you Kathryn and Jill.

Jill, yes the border is a 6x6 Catherine Pooler stencil called Marching Leaves.
FARLEY in Sacramento
wannabescrappin

Post by wannabescrappin »

Love, love, love all of the cards! Masking and "splatters" have always given me trouble. Can anyone share the best technique for splatters? I love the look but am always worried about ending up with a "glop" instead of gently placed splatters (lol). Thanks, Farley. This is definitely a challenge I can attempt. :creating:
Find time each day to rejoice in the journey...

Cheryl H (aka wannabescrappin)
#61 in the order of PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

wannabescrappin wrote:Love, love, love all of the cards! Masking and "splatters" have always given me trouble. Can anyone share the best technique for splatters? I love the look but am always worried about ending up with a "glop" instead of gently placed splatters (lol). Thanks, Farley. This is definitely a challenge I can attempt. :creating:

Cheryl, before I splatted the leafy card I practiced on scrap first then nervously splatted the card. I have a bunch of Distress sprays that I haven’t used much of late mostly due to them clogging up. But if you take the spray mechanism out and tap the “straw” part onto paper you can get a decent splatter. It’s not always going to go where you want it to. But splatting should be random, I think anyway.

Another method is to take an acrylic stamp handle or firm plastic, add some watercolor and then flick paint off the edge of the handle with a paint brush. I haven’t tried that one yet but see it done a lot on YouTube.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

You could try a stiff brush. I generally use an old toothbrush when splattering snow.

IF you get a large spot, either cover it up or sometimes you can use a corner of paper towel to either remove it or soak some of it up. I tend to embrace the large ones because I like a few of them.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com