Happy Weekend!

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pamcook

Happy Weekend!

Post by pamcook »

I know Monica is traveling, Marianne is doing laps around her hotel room, Debi is thinking about packing up for the Hurricane "I" visit (my brain just won't retain the name of this one)...

My plans for the weekend include some last minute cleaning - Chris & his family are finally on the road from WA to home - but I hope to do a bit of scapbooking over the weekend. I might even venture out into one of the chain grocery stores for some kid-friendly snacks. We're hoping for some rain from the storm - but not the wind. As if we get to choose.

I hope you all get to do something fun and be sure to post any of your creations!
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Re: Happy Weekend!

Post by pbp908 »

I was hoping to get some mowing done, but it looks like that's not gonna happen any time soon.

Guess it'll be a normal weekend - reading (if my right eye will cooperate), cleaning litter boxes, letting the dogs in and out and in and out, and wishing I could afford to hire a full time person to clean this house. Processing my growing like weeds herbs, especially the catnip and basil.

And maybe a little bit of happy time creating in my happy place. ;) I may actually get a LO done of Bugs stoned out of his little gourd on said catnip.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Popping in for the first time in days. Got the call Monday afternoon around 4 and have worked 12+ hours/day since - even though I officially don't start until Tuesday, Monday is a civic holiday here. We're starting prep on an independent Christmas movie, more info once I know where you might catch it. I'm headed back to North Bay - difference is this time I can't come home until it's all over because of the pandemic, so no weekend back and forth trips for me. Telling myself it would be the same if I were going off to work in Romania. Had my pre-work Covid test done on Wednesday and got my negative test result back today.
This weekend I'll do laundry, pack and do some housework - or at least get the garbage out! It's new deck building weekend here, so I'll pick my way through the rubble of the old patio to fill the feeders one last time before I go - although my son-in-law is good about things like that when I'm away. I'll drive up north on Monday so I can get settled in the hotel before starting work on Tuesday. My last order for scrapbook supplies hasn't arrived yet - placed in June I might add - so it'll be like Christmas when I finally get home in a couple of months and see what's waiting for me here, which by then I'll have forgotten all about.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Wow Keitha, that's quite a long haul to be away. Hope you can bring something to craft with if you have any spare time.

My weekend will be spending time in my garage in the early morning hours before it's 100+ degrees out. I am digging and sorting Bob's wood crafting equipment. A good friend of ours, Bob's oldest friend and fellow woodcrafting enthusiast, is helping me possibly find buyers for his giant equipment, power tools, etc. It hasn't been touched for at least 2 years so I am dealing with how he left it the last time he worked in there plus saw dust and webs. I would love to be able to park (my new car) in the garage! Haven't been able to do that for about 10 years, LOL.

Meanwhile I WILL be posting an August Card Challenge hopefully by end of tomorrow. Just need one more sample. :D
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I went to Trader Joe’s this morning.

I know.

Normally the line has about 30 people queued up. One small advantage to being a Senior is the 8 AM time slot for only us. I didn’t need a thing except for their umami/mushroom powder seasoning but still managed to spend almost $70. Instacart has saved me so much money. I can impulse shop like nobody’s business. Anyway, it was nice to be in the store with so few people and most all of them had manners. So far, a very good day. :roll:

After I look for 9 more things to drop at the thrift store, I plan to do three pages today, post a scrapbook challenge, and see how I can incorporate Debbie & Farley’s challenges into one of my pages. That’s the plan anyway.

Oh! I FaceTimed with Kenan yesterday. They were in Montana and are on the look out for Monica. Wouldn’t it be a hoot if the saw each other??
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

yep... trying to storm prep just in case it's a worst case scenario.... but I also look at a site called Ventusky.com and then change the parameter to Wind Speed... and you can move through a forecast of sorts... it compiles all the spaghetti models ... and has been pretty accurate with recent storms..

this is what it's showing for Tuesday morning around 8 a.m. --- those of you inland - watch out for rain!
Attachments
forecast Tuesday 8 am.jpg
forecast Tuesday 8 am.jpg (81.89 KiB) Viewed 224 times
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

when you're on the site, you can move your mouse around and see the wind speeds...

don't download the app, though... you get minimal data unless you buy it... just go to the website :-)
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
kacarr61

Post by kacarr61 »

I am doing a two day virtual Close to My Heart Crop (yesterday and today). I ended up in the ER with my dad last night as he had an adverse reaction to his second chemo infusion and I didn't get home until 6 a.m. so went ahead and worked on the challenge that was due at noon today. I am too old to function on no sleep so will have to sneak in a nap sometime today. I also need to go and check on my dad (he lives 15 miles from me). This is his third time having cancer - colon cancer 12 years ago, skin cancer on his ear 18 months ago which just came back and has spread to his lungs. So this time he is doing chemo. I don't have anything planned for tomorrow so maybe I just sleep all day :)
Kathy Carr
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Evacuation orders just got announced for Hatteras Island... I hope that's premature and over-the-top thinking... but they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. I agree tourists need to leave and new ones don't need to come down here yet.

I'll be here... since Mike is essential personnel. So I'll keep you posted.
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I've actually had a productive day so far. Had a really good harvest of basil, catnip, Greek oregano and English thyme, so those have now been dried and put away. While I was waiting for batches to be finished, I took the cook top apart and cleaned it. When George or Adam cook they don't clean behind themselves, so that's actually a major job. :lol: Took the can opener apart - ugh! Now I know why it wasn't cutting properly. Next up is laundry, depending on when the mail is delivered. I checked tracking and my haul from Colorado Craft Co. is due today! Yay!!! Something new to play with!!!!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

You'll need to show us all your Colorado Crafts goodies.... they have gorgeous stamps!!
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
BekiWard@msn.com

Post by BekiWard@msn.com »

In between making dog food and getting ready to can some tomatoes somehow (not sure if it’ll be plain tomatoes or more marinara), and hopefully making some Cowboy Candy, I’ve been on a squash bug annihilation mission...at times I feel like Bill Murray in Caddy Shack. I lost my beloved butternut squash vines, along with the fruit that was growing in them, to borers, so now the squash bugs that showed up on my spaghetti squash vines get to feel the full fury of my anger. :oops:

I’m putting the finishing touches on my Scraplift Challenge #20 page (go sign up if you haven’t already!). I need to learn when to stop, but it’s so fun leaving it on the work surface & walking by and thinking, “Just one more little something right there, or not?”

Pam C, I saw your pages, they’re beautiful! I also saw your challenge...I’ll be contemplating what to do.

Debi, stay safe & let us know how you are...I always worry about y’all when a storm threatens. :happy94:
Beki Ward
Clarksville VA
BekiWard@gmail.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Chris just FaceTimed from Mt Rushmore. What a site! I’ll get there someday. Kenan said “I’ve never seen anything like this before in my life!” I’m so glad he’ll remember much of this trip.
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

Hey all! Just checking in from Liberty Lake... it's on the Washington side between Coeur d'Alene and Spokane, for those who are curious. The wedding was stunning, the location to die for, and my niece was gorgeous! We had a brunch with them at 11am, specific friends and family only, and they opened gifts before heading out for their honeymoon. We of course just headed back down the road!

Last Thursday we did the trek from Walla Walla to Bozeman in on shot, which is almost 10 hours without stops, so we're taking it in 2 stages on the way back. My MIL and a girlfriend went with us, so we have a full car. Best idea I had was an AirBNB for the two nights we were there... cheaper than 2 hotel rooms for two nights plus we had a full kitchen. Those who follow me on Instagram, I did post a few pictures there of the trip and wedding.

Tomorrow we'll have breakfast with my aunt who lives in Post Falls (between us and Coeur d'Alene), then head to Walla Walla and back to Yakima. Should be home well before dinner, which will give me time to do laundry and a bit of a grocery shop!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Just doing clean up around the house, laundry, helping Tom
out with what he can't do.

We starting using the instant pot.
We are doing chicken tomorrow. My sister in law is coming for
late dinner or early supper.

Still doing some scrapping but I'm so slow.

Margie works at Baptist hospital in downtown Jacksonville, FL.
They got their firsy covid patient a day ago.
She is trying to stay away from there since Blake is at risk.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois