Wishing everyone a happy day!

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
Lily2011

Wishing everyone a happy day!

Post by Lily2011 »

Hi Girls, I have not been on the forum for awhile so I would like to take the time to wish everyone a lovely summer. It will surely be different than usual but that doesn't mean we can't find
beauty and peace in the little things. I will be honest and say that I truly missed the emotional boost that being with all of the ladies at Re-Create gives me. It took me a bit to "SNAP OUT OF IT".

This week is beauty week for the whole gang at the Cross household. With really great precautions in place.. Al is getting a professional haircut ( not just a "Dee" trim). Lily and Sadie are going for a real summer grooming
on Tuesday. Even with their showers with their "Doggles" on to protect their eyes and the trims I gave them in certain areas, they look like bears. Pretty mind you: but bears none the less! And, the Lord has answered my prayers.. My shops.too.are open! I am getting a my nails done; a pedicure; my hair cut ( I cut it.. Ugh!) and colored this week by a professional. It is a lot in a week but I feel good about giving business to these small shops.

I have been busy creating a scrapbook for my youngest son's family. And, If I can get Debbie B to remind me ( one more time) how to do this sizing, I am actually going to post a picture or two.

Ok, Ladies, I have finished blabbering. Stay well and safe.. these are such uncertain times.. Since it is 1:35 AM and I can hear everyone snoring including the pups, I may try and put the ocean waves on my sound machine and some lavender essential oil in my little machine thingy ( that is the technical name) and fall asleep. :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
Make it a great day!! Dee
pat-czap

Re: Wishing everyone a happy day!

Post by pat-czap »

A lovely post to start my day. Have a BEAUTIFUL week.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Hey Dee, nice to see you pop in. I managed to get my hair coloured on Saturday; the skunk look is so not me. Zoe, our Wheaten, heads to the doggie spa today. Even the boys are thinking about 'real' haircuts; easy enough to keep the sides and back trim, but those longer locks on top need some real styling.
I hope you share your scrapbook creation with us.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Yes! I'm looking forward to seeing your scrapbook as well.

We missed you at the beach. What a wonderfully relaxing time we had. The best week yet (well, except for missing so many).

I'm still waiting for the Aveda school to reopen so I can get my hair cut & colored. I'm a cheapskate any more and you can't beat their rates.

Still purging crap from my home and getting ready in case Chris & his family need to move back in with us (talk about mixed feelings!). Amazing how much stuff I can find (several times a week) to take to the thrift store.

Friday starts Khristina's Month-End Party so I hope to have some page kits ready. Lofty goals on a Monday morning.
Pam Cook #48
kacarr61

Post by kacarr61 »

Hi Dee! I am the new girl here. So nice to "meet" you. I used essential oils - love lavender for sleeping. I was able to go to a hair salon last week and got it all cut off (I had a hysterectomy on March 2nd and now battling hot flashes - the short hair style has really helped.
Kathy Carr
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Hi, Dee! Welcome back. Loved the FB throw back photo of your red hair "once upon a time."

Kathy, Black Cohosh worked wonders for me. ;)

We've all FINALLY had "real" haircuts. Adam and Chris both looked like they were part of a 70s tribute band. :shock: The resort only called back 3 of the front employees and thankfully Chris was one of them, so that haircut was a must.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
BekiWard@msn.com

Post by BekiWard@msn.com »

Oh yes, re(create)...aaaaahhhhh. It wasn't really a dream, was it? SO, SO relaxing...and I still diffused lavender at night while I was there. :yawn: I believe this was THE quietest re(create) ever! :lol: Everyone just worked at our areas and conversed occasionally. :scrapbooking: And the food was pretty good, too...we tried new things and we even snuck jalapenos & tofu into a few dishes without Debi knowing until afterward...although I fear pay-back! :lol: :happy13:

At the risk of being the odd-ball...pfst, who am I kidding, I'm ALWAYS the odd-ball! I have embraced my silver strands and don't miss maintaining color. I could, however, use a good trim. :roll:

Have a wonderful week, everyone! :cool5:
Beki Ward
Clarksville VA
BekiWard@gmail.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

Good morning! Or good afternoon if you're an earlier time zone to me. :lol: I have four work days left (counting today) then I am on vacation for ten days, and I can't wait! For the first time in years I dreaded walking into work this morning, and I don't want that to continue.

As for haircuts and colors... I have an appointment next week for a cut and highlights. I decided to do more sunstreaks beyond the usual color, just for fun. And I'm just not out in the actual sun enough to have it occur naturally.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I have been lucky enough to have gotten a perm last month and went in today for a trim. This was Joe's first time getting a professional cut after I've been butchering his hair for 3 months.

I was so sorry to miss ReCreate but just didn't feel comfortable about going. SC has been so bad with the goings on especially here in Myrtle Beach. I go to the grocery store with mask and we did venture out to the state park last Friday but just for bird looking, saw a few gators also. Did not go near the beach area and when we left the line to get into the park was really long.

Hope you all stay safe and keep well.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Hi Dee, nice of you to pop in, on the subject of photo resize, I can help you. Do you still have the app Resizer on your device? Here are the steps:

1. Take a photo of your layout with your phone.
2. Access the app Resizer.
3. Once open click on the plus sign and your photos will pop up.
4. Select the photo you want to resize.
5. If it needs cropped select the crop button and with your finger manipulate the screen to your satisfaction.
6. Click ok on the top right and then click done.
7.Next click Resize button on bottom right. I select the 480 button. Click OK on top right and then Done.
8. Next select the down arrow button and select Save Image.

Then when you are ready to post to PAO it will be all ready to go.

It’s really easy and literally takes 1 minute to do this.

Hope this helps you.