Free Vicki Boutin class today (5/31)

Got one? Know of a good one?
pamcook

Free Vicki Boutin class today (5/31)

Post by pamcook »

It’ll be on YouTube at 1 PM today. If you check her Facebook site, she shows some of the Products she plans to use. I watch snippets of her lives and usually am inspired to revisit some older techniques.
9837A0C6-AF8D-43F1-B557-6E01B432B14D.jpeg
9837A0C6-AF8D-43F1-B557-6E01B432B14D.jpeg (76.97 KiB) Viewed 378 times
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Re: Free Vicki Boutin class today (5/31)

Post by Keitha »

How do you keep on top of all the goings-on and scrap as much as you do, too? I've been waiting for this class, as I snagged one of her Wildflower & Honey sample kits that she's using for the layouts.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

It’s how I stay sane Keitha. Every other part of my life is in a constant state of upheaval.
I keep a list of page designs I want to do along with a stack of printed photos. Over the past many months, I keep my trimmer, ATG, and a basket of basic supplies on my kitchen island (easy to move for meal time). I choose products quickly (when you find something that will work - stop looking).
Working from home, I can get at least half a page done on my lunch break.
I really, really love scrapbooking so I make sure to make time to play.

I only have bits of this kit but chances are I have enough substitutes to make it work. I did buy the kit she just posted though.
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Thanks for the heads up Pam, good thing we gotcha to keep us in the loop.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Did anyone watch her marathon video? I have to admit I couldn't do it. Will can through it quickly if I ever get a free minute this week.
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I sort of watched along. I don't like scrapping blind, i.e. not knowing what the finished pages will look like, so although I got the kit decided not to make it up with her. Instead I worked in my art journal, answered emails and did other things between watching her process and listening to her blather. She did a LOT of fussy cutting, which made for a 4-1/2 session; IMO it'd have been better if she'd told people what to fussy cut ahead of time and could have just assembled the pages. About 300 people stuck with her, or at least left the session playing as I did. I saw Shimelle, Jen Schow and Jess Forster all there; no idea for how long though. If I'd wanted to watch something else I'd have switched over, and was surprised at how many people at the end said yes, do this more. Shoot me now.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I didn't love any of the completed pages. There's just precious little that can hold my attention for 4 hours or more!
Pam Cook #48