Not sure where to put this...

Got one? Know of a good one?
pamcook

Not sure where to put this...

Post by pamcook »

Shimelle said no more collections from her (with American Crafts). In true Shimelle fashion, she isn't saying more.
She'll still do FB lives and classes - probably youtube videos & stamp sets as well.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Re: Not sure where to put this...

Post by pbp908 »

I would think that she's getting ready to work with another company.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Lots of speculation, but I'd bet she had something in the works before she closed that door. Have to admit, I haven't been one to go out and buy her lines at full price. Tuesday Morning prices I can justify. But then I'm not scrapping layouts of kids. I'll probably regret it when I decide to scrap photos from my teaching days. But there'll be something out there by then.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

It didn’t sound like it was her decision but she was only willing to say she was going to be okay and was exploring some options.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I'm watching it now. Installed the Facebook Watch app on my Amazon Fire Stick and now I can kick back and search for Facebook videos much like YouTube videos. Without being logged into Facebook!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

nchoney wrote:I'm watching it now. Installed the Facebook Watch app on my Amazon Fire Stick and now I can kick back and search for Facebook videos much like YouTube videos. Without being logged into Facebook!!
hm - now I need to investigate this option... Harris installed the youtube app on our firestick (yeah, a 2 year old..) - surely I can do this!
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I hadn't heard this news. One thought that does cross my mind is having heard an interview with one of the designers, I know that they only have a certain amount of creative control; like most big companies I'm sure AC want everything to 'fit' whatever they believe their signature brand is. I can't imagine her collections aren't selling; some of her recent ones have been my favourites. I hope we see even better things from Shimelle going forward.
I've owned an Amazon FireStick for almost a year now, which I haven't set up yet. For some reason I just think it's not going to be as easy as it should be, so have avoided starting the process. Mostly I got it so when I'm working I could watch Netflix at the hotel; but the fact that I haven't missed being able to do that is testament to how much TV I actually watch. It would be nice though, to be able to watch FB Live on my TV. Debi, I need you to teleport yourself to my house for a day and help me with my tech issues, LOL.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Did she announce it in the FB Live that's currently in progress?
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Keitha wrote:Did she announce it in the FB Live that's currently in progress?
She mentioned it during the Monday live yesterday. 12 collections is rather impressive in this fickle world, I suppose.

I hope she resumes the Best of Both Worlds concept. Even if I don't buy everything she suggests, it's easy to pull from my stash. I only bought a couple of her BOBW kits during her 2 Peas days - several times pulled similar kits from my stash.

I mostly use her "B" sides and with 3 grandsons, it was nice to have some "boy" papers that weren't about sports or video games. Everything else from AC is pretty much the same - yes, that was a very broad generalization but no one else quite fills the niche she filled. Folks were encouraging her to offer designs we could print at home since she's not keen on having to deal with having her designs printed and then shipped. Even though I'm sure it's not as difficult as it once was, it has to be time consuming and time is money. I wouldn't print 12 x 12 papers (ditched my big printer years ago) but embellishments I could do at home. On AC's instagram account, the (hashtag)SCRAPBOOKER digital stamp they use is Shimelle's handwriting. That would sting a bit if it were me.
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

AC absorbed a lot of of other scrapbook companies in the last 10-15 years, and I've not been happy to see companies I once loved turned into more of the same cookie cutter color palettes and designs. I think Shimelle will do better on her own, honestly, although she did have a good run with AC.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin