Some birthday cards

pugmom

Some birthday cards

Post by pugmom »

Yesterday I found out that it was my sweet neighbor's birthday so I went through my stash and found a card I thought she might like. Then, I found out that her husband's birthday was back in March. I asked him if he would like me to make him a card and he said he would love it. So the second card here is for him. He is an excellent gardener and has answered my seemingly endless questions so I did the garden theme for him.
Also, another wonderful neighbor will be celebrating his 92nd birthday in May so the third card is for him.
bday cd 1.jpg
bday cd 1.jpg (50.24 KiB) Viewed 389 times
bday cd 2.jpg
bday cd 2.jpg (66.45 KiB) Viewed 389 times
bday cd 3.jpg
bday cd 3.jpg (77.77 KiB) Viewed 389 times
The Tim Holtz Theodore Bear die was so much fun to do and so easy. I found a YouTube video that shows which pieces to cut in the same colors and the order in which to put it together. Also, when you cut the pieces, there are faint score lines showing exactly where the next layer goes. Theodore is the only one of the set that I have (so far). Now I'm trying to justify spending the money on some of the others in the set. I just don't know that I would use them enough.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pamcook

Re: Some birthday cards

Post by pamcook »

They're all wonderful. Lucky neighbors!

I wondered how difficult it would be do put together one of those layered dies. (I think Keitha has some Altenew layered floral dies?) I'm doing my best to learn that because I love something doesn't necessarily mean I need to own it. Even after thinning down my inventory, I still own too many items I know I'll never use often enough.
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Great cards Sue - I love how they're all so different and suited to the recipients. I've looked at that Theodore bear die a few times; I feel my resistance weakening. Wouldn't be the first time I bought something knowing it probably wasn't the best value for me :) But I do love how it looks on a card.
Yes Pam, I have some Altenew layering stamps. A bit fiddly but they don't need to be completely perfect to still be charming. No matter how often I use them, there's that magic moment when they go together and you see what you've created with them. Sorry - I'm not trying to be enabling here...
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

He'll definitely like that card, Sue...

And the bear is such a hoot!! I wasn't sure I needed him... but now I'm thinking he has potential!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

cute cards and all will love them.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Monica

Post by Monica »

Those are great cards. The recipients will love them!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
BekiWard@msn.com

Post by BekiWard@msn.com »

Great cards! I love the gardening stamps.
Beki Ward
Clarksville VA
BekiWard@gmail.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Great job on all three. The gardening one is my fave too.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I keep forgetting that I have that balloon stamp - I love it and thanks for the reminder.

The gardener is a stitch and the bear is perfect.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Thank you, everyone. I gave Tad his gardener card and he loved it and said it was perfect.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)