Maybe?

pbp908

Maybe?

Post by pbp908 »

I'm starting to think that we need to take just one challenge at a time after we finish up the ones that are in progress. All of us are juggling so many of them that we're not sure where we are or what thread to post what in.

Would this help or just make us all get bored between challenges? Maybe if we put a shorter time limit on turnaround?

This thing has definitely taken on a life of it's own!!! It's resonating with all of us and helping us to get out of our creative rut, but gosh - I'm having trouble remembering what day it is! :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Re: Maybe?

Post by pamcook »

pbp908 wrote:I'm starting to think that we need to take just one challenge at a time after we finish up the ones that are in progress. All of us are juggling so many of them that we're not sure where we are or what thread to post what in.

Would this help or just make us all get bored between challenges? Maybe if we put a shorter time limit on turnaround?

This thing has definitely taken on a life of it's own!!! It's resonating with all of us and helping us to get out of our creative rut, but gosh - I'm having trouble remembering what day it is! :lol:
I think it's best to wait a bit before sending out the next round - that's why I'm holding off a bit before starting the Round 12. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE the excitement but it can get a bit confusing. Most people are completing and sending their pages quickly. Some folks need a bit more time. I feel like the rounds are moving at lightning speed but having more than one moving at a time might be a bit much.

I'll send out Round 12 as soon as Round 11 is nearly completed (last 2-3 remaining). If folks get bored or impatient, we can revisit the timing.

All that to say, yes, I agree with you, PamP!
Pam Cook #48
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

I agree. I've noticed that I am trying to remember now which ones I have and which ones I am waiting on. LOL
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Maybe we need some different challenges to do in between. The ATC was a great one for me because it gave me something to do while I'm waiting.
Pam P.

nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Group 10 is almost finished.... just a couple more to go....

I'm good with waiting to start #12 once #11 is almost finished, too... I've got plenty to keep me busy in-between...

We can always post some sketch challenges... put up a sketch and just let folks post their layouts as they do them ... not really challenges... just more like a let's see what everyone does with this one.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Either that or I need to start numbering them!
Monica

Post by Monica »

Challenge... ha! I have one for you all!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

It does get confusing when there are several rounds
going at one time, especially if you get a page for
lets say round 12 and you haven't received round
11 yet
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
BekiWard@msn.com

Post by BekiWard@msn.com »

I absolutely love these challenges.

I don't mind juggling one or two, but more than that seems to tax my pea brain. I depend on the layout that was sent me to post my version, but I do agree with Debbie about numbering; if I did that, it would be much easier to keep track of. :roll:

Nah, that makes too much sense...it's much more exhilarating to rely on my feeble memory! :wtf:
Beki Ward
Clarksville VA
BekiWard@gmail.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I can't comment on the scrapbook rounds as I'm not participating; just not my thing. But in general I don't mind several different challenges ongoing at once; that way we can pick and choose what speaks to us. Currently we've got the monthly Use Your Stash challenge - this month is stencils, although May's will be up in a few days (note to self). Farley has posted some cards recently, and if not specifically a challenge they can serve as ideas to try. There are lots of previous challenges that I know I, for one, have not done - so I can always go back and look at those if I need a jumping off point. Some are easy like sketch challenges, and some are more, ahem, challenging - using themed product for something other than its intended use for example. One can always go back to a layout they particularly liked that someone posted and scraplift it - with a nod of course to the original page.
A few of us are scrapping and posting our own thing, whether from classes/challenges elsewhere, our own ongoing projects, etc. Some look and a few comment, which is nice because it also serves to foster the sense of community that is particularly important right now.
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Pam P. A cute cartoon...

Christopher Robin asked Pooh, what day is it. Pooh says, it's today.

and I say...

Tomorrow will soon be Today as well.

and then...

I thought today was Wednesday, but found out it was only Tuesday.

Back to topic.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

The only way I knew today is Tuesday is because NCIS was on tonight. Unfortunately it was a rerun. :|
Pam P.

pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Keitha wrote:I can't comment on the scrapbook rounds as I'm not participating; just not my thing. But in general I don't mind several different challenges ongoing at once; that way we can pick and choose what speaks to us. Currently we've got the monthly Use Your Stash challenge - this month is stencils, although May's will be up in a few days (note to self). Farley has posted some cards recently, and if not specifically a challenge they can serve as ideas to try. There are lots of previous challenges that I know I, for one, have not done - so I can always go back and look at those if I need a jumping off point. Some are easy like sketch challenges, and some are more, ahem, challenging - using themed product for something other than its intended use for example. One can always go back to a layout they particularly liked that someone posted and scraplift it - with a nod of course to the original page.
A few of us are scrapping and posting our own thing, whether from classes/challenges elsewhere, our own ongoing projects, etc. Some look and a few comment, which is nice because it also serves to foster the sense of community that is particularly important right now.

YES!
Pam Cook #48