Neglected Supplies April Stencils

paddlegal

Re: Neglected Supplies April Stencils

Post by paddlegal »

Keitha wrote:Oh Pam I meant to ask, did you do anything to adhere your stencils to the paper while you were blending ink? Are your new blending brushes rounded foam, or the brush ones, and are they easier to use than the flat foam ones?

Funny you ask this...I did use the new domed applicator when I stenciled the leafy one above and liked using them. They have a different feel to them when blending. A little scratchy but after a few times the foam seems to soften up a bit. And no "edges" either. I have that Pixie Spray for stencils and totally forgot to use it! :roll: Next time.

I am interested to hear what Pam thinks of them.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Keitha wrote:Oh Pam I meant to ask, did you do anything to adhere your stencils to the paper while you were blending ink? Are your new blending brushes rounded foam, or the brush ones, and are they easier to use than the flat foam ones?
I used an off-set spatula and scraped the Stickles across the stencil. I just held it with my other hand.
Pam Cook #48
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

paddlegal wrote:

Funny you ask this...I did use the new domed applicator when I stenciled the leafy one above and liked using them. They have a different feel to them when blending. A little scratchy but after a few times the foam seems to soften up a bit. And no "edges" either. I have that Pixie Spray for stencils and totally forgot to use it! :roll: Next time.

I am interested to hear what Pam thinks of them.
OHHHH you meant the other Pam! I do have domed applicator sponges - still in the package.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Keitha, I should have used something to adhere them because one of them slipped. I only thought about it after that happened. I have tons of low tack tape that I'll use next time. The new applicators ones are the domed ones from scrapbook.com. They work beautifully with the Distress Oxides. I purchased a ton of the replacement pads so I have enough for all of my inks. I just have to find a way to keep them labeled so I know which inks they're for as I'm too lazy to wash them when I finish using them. It was easy enough with the others - I attached a piece of velcro to the underside of each pad for the flat rectangles. The domed ones are thicker and I'd really like to avoid contamination with them.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

pbp908 wrote:
Keitha, I should have used something to adhere them because one of them slipped. I only thought about it after that happened. I have tons of low tack tape that I'll use next time. The new applicators ones are the domed ones from scrapbook.com. They work beautifully with the Distress Oxides. I purchased a ton of the replacement pads so I have enough for all of my inks. I just have to find a way to keep them labeled so I know which inks they're for as I'm too lazy to wash them when I finish using them. It was easy enough with the others - I attached a piece of velcro to the underside of each pad for the flat rectangles. The domed ones are thicker and I'd really like to avoid contamination with them.
If you come up with a way to label them do let us know. I typically just make sure I'm using a foam from the right colour family, but have occasionally resorted to washing them when the colours get muddy. Hmmm, I wonder if I'd like them in a bead box if I dedicated one space for each foam; that way the box could be labeled. Of course that would mean at least 2 bead boxes.

Here's another question: would you use the same foam for both the Distress Ink and the Distress Oxide ink? I don't think I want upwards of 50 pads on the go...
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I bought enough for both, but I don't have all of the inks so it wasn't much of a stretch for me. Plus I caught them on sale so I sort of splurged. Right now I have a box that held samples and pamphlets so the bottom is compartmentalized and the top isn't. Since I have fewer Oxides at this point I can keep all of those in the bottom and use the top for the Distress. I'm thinking that I might create a little grid to hold each one and put the color underneath the pad. Then do a chart, like the candy boxes, that shows where each one is. It could end up complicated or not - I have to think it through. Right now the only inks I've used them for are the Oxides. I love the coverage so much more than the regular Distress.
Pam P.

pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Keitha wrote:
pbp908 wrote:
If you come up with a way to label them do let us know. I typically just make sure I'm using a foam from the right colour family, but have occasionally resorted to washing them when the colours get muddy. Hmmm, I wonder if I'd like them in a bead box if I dedicated one space for each foam; that way the box could be labeled. Of course that would mean at least 2 bead boxes.

Here's another question: would you use the same foam for both the Distress Ink and the Distress Oxide ink? I don't think I want upwards of 50 pads on the go...

I do remember the caution to not cross contaminate between Distress and Distress Oxides. Bad things happen.
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

pamcook wrote:...Here's another question: would you use the same foam for both the Distress Ink and the Distress Oxide ink? I don't think I want upwards of 50 pads on the go...
I do remember the caution to not cross contaminate between Distress and Distress Oxides. Bad things happen.[/quote]
I hadn't heard that anywhere Pam, thanks.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Keitha wrote:
pamcook wrote:...Here's another question: would you use the same foam for both the Distress Ink and the Distress Oxide ink? I don't think I want upwards of 50 pads on the go...
I do remember the caution to not cross contaminate between Distress and Distress Oxides. Bad things happen.
I hadn't heard that anywhere Pam, thanks.[/quote]
Of course now I can’t remember who I heard that from or where. If I can find it, I’ll post a link.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I think you may have heard it from TH.
Pam P.

Monica

Post by Monica »

Tim himself said not to mix the inks, because one is dye and one is dye and pigment blended.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

You all beat me to that...don’t mix the Oxides with the Distress on your applicators says Tim. And I avoid mixing CP inks with others as well. It does get a bit crazy with so many inks and applicators but at this point I only use Oxides and CP inks for blending. I keep handles and pads separated in two trays...one for CP and one for Oxides. The one thing that annoys me is when I have to switch a pad and get ink all over my fingers each time. I have enough handles to use for a project of colors but there’s always one more I need and have to switch. Oh such problems. :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
katymjo

Re: Neglected Supplies April Stenci

Post by katymjo »

Here are two more cards I made using neglected Club Scrap stencils. I used Distress Inks with these two. The first one is stencilled through the holes. The second is a print on watercolour paper of the mess left behind after I'd used the heart stencil the "proper way"
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (117.94 KiB) Viewed 500 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (158.93 KiB) Viewed 500 times
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Very pretty! I particularly like how you used the heart "waste" paper. All the bits and pieces look effortlessly pretty.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Kathryn your cards are awesome and this challenge has definitely inspired me.

Charley’s girlfriend’s birthday is this Sunday. She loves cats and has 4. So when I saw this Hero Arts “Kitties in Kimonos” I had to have it to make her a birthday card from me. I did my best to make the kitty look like a Siamese kitten. I’ve used everything on this card from alcohol markers, watercolor brush pens, ink blending, die cutting and of course the all-in-one stencil for the background. She also loves glitz and sequins.

Matter of fact for Charley’s birthday I showed her how to stamp and use the Gemini for die cutting and turned her loose in my craft room. She went crazy over adding sequins on his card, LOL. I’ve told Charley he has a winner!
Attachments
ED954AD3-28C6-4EE3-8549-851594EE758B.jpeg
ED954AD3-28C6-4EE3-8549-851594EE758B.jpeg (225.03 KiB) Viewed 489 times
FARLEY in Sacramento