Stamp Nation Weekend Color Challenge Card

paddlegal

Stamp Nation Weekend Color Challenge Card

Post by paddlegal »

Each Friday SN posts a color challenge to use in a card. This weekend it is using a graphic, line-drawn stamp in black and white with the specific colors you see in my card. I really liked this idea and had fun making this card last night. And of course (cough-cough) I had all the ink pad colors and their reinkers in the challenge. :lol: As a result of needing to re-ink one of the pads I decided to hand label, rather sloppily, with a fine Sharpie all the color names so I’m not looking through at least half of those bottles for the right color. And it wasn’t easy writing on the curve of the bottle cap either, LOL.

The colorful background is made with a border stamp. Everything is CP products.
Attachments
2850CDD3-E865-4A48-9234-9DB4586E91A1.jpeg
2850CDD3-E865-4A48-9234-9DB4586E91A1.jpeg (218.69 KiB) Viewed 626 times
4B5BE1F9-B194-41EC-86B1-1FB10949553E.jpeg
4B5BE1F9-B194-41EC-86B1-1FB10949553E.jpeg (134.01 KiB) Viewed 626 times
F7691D74-BA3F-44E4-A238-0222852FFB98.jpeg
F7691D74-BA3F-44E4-A238-0222852FFB98.jpeg (210.3 KiB) Viewed 626 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Re: Stamp Nation Weekend Color Challenge Card

Post by pamcook »

Oh gosh that’s so pretty!!
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Fun challenge and lovely card, Farley. Somewhere recently I saw an old photo of Tim's studio, which he has certainly changed since then. I noticed in the photo that all his little bottles of alcohol inks had been dipped (?) or somehow coloured with the corresponding ink, thought that was a brilliant idea for seeing the colours. My alcohol inks all have black caps, but I guess if you're Tim Holtz you can get Ranger to give you a few dozen white caps. I wonder if that would work for your reinkers?
4nancie

Post by 4nancie »

A job well done. Great card too!
:creating:
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Farley, where did you get that combo for your ink pads and reinkers? I’ve got all her ink pads and working on reinkers now but don’t have a good storage solution yet.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Debbie J wrote:Farley, where did you get that combo for your ink pads and reinkers? I’ve got all her ink pads and working on reinkers now but don’t have a good storage solution yet.

Debbie do you mean how I am storing them? The ink pads are in a sorry to say ancient, acrylic thing that I bought (2 of them) at Office Depot easily 15+ years ago. But it sits on top of a Poppin Monitor Riser that allows shallow trays to slide under it. I just got lucky that I had this tray that it and the reinkers were just the right height to fit underneath. So I have two of the ink pad storage shelving and two of the risers on my desk. Made a big difference in storage and surface use.

I bought the first riser at The Container Store for $40...steep, yes. But a few months later I found a second, matching one at Staples on clearance for $25. My lucky day. I really like the Poppin products.

Poppin Monitor Riser: https://www.poppin.com/Monitor-Riser-10 ... e-supplies
FARLEY in Sacramento
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Keitha wrote:Fun challenge and lovely card, Farley. Somewhere recently I saw an old photo of Tim's studio, which he has certainly changed since then. I noticed in the photo that all his little bottles of alcohol inks had been dipped (?) or somehow coloured with the corresponding ink, thought that was a brilliant idea for seeing the colours. My alcohol inks all have black caps, but I guess if you're Tim Holtz you can get Ranger to give you a few dozen white caps. I wonder if that would work for your reinkers?

Thank you Keitha. I first tried dying the cap tops with their inks but it wore off and there are so many different colors in the same family I was still looking for the right color. Since I’ve written the names on the caps it’s been a game changer.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Thanks for the info on the monitor riser. I’ll keep my eyes open for a storage like you have for your ink pads. Right now I have them in a tote I bought at Michaels but don’t know how long that will last and I have to look through all of them to find the one I want. It’s aggravating and I need to get a better solution to my storage dilemma.