Tool Q's

Keitha

Tool Q's

Post by Keitha »

Wasn't quite sure what thread to put this in :roll: I ordered the new case for my Lawn Fawn stamp shammy - but I'll admit I'm confused. I thought it would be a closed case that would give you someplace to keep it when you weren't using it. Which may be the case, except the decorative side isn't solid. Is its purpose really just someplace to set your shammy on your desk while you use it? I've poked around YT videos and such but haven't seen anyone using it.
Next: I've been seeing new blending tools lately that have oval domed applicator heads on a handle, shaped more like a toothbrush than the classic TH blending tool. Has anyone used them and are they worth investing in, i.e. are they easier to get a nice blend with than the TH tools? I don't want new tools just because they're new.
pamcook

Re: Tool Q's

Post by pamcook »

I think I would find the long handle to be awkward. I do plan to order the domed foam pads for blending. I think they would be useful.
Pam Cook #48
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

The new blending tools shaped like a toothbrush
is just a knock off of a set of makeup brushes
they have soft bristles, I bought the make up brush
set on Amazon and then added the brush holder
it comes out mush less than ordering a set of
blending brushes with the holder as a craft tool.
I used them recently on my halloween cards to
color white paper in mixed green colors. I did
like the effect using the brush over a sponge
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Scrapbook.com had those domed pads setting on the counter when I picked up my Catherine Pooler order. It’s their own brand so they were promoting it/ looked interesting.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Next time I order from Scrapbook.com I think I’ll order the pads and try replacing the TH mini flat rounds. Really to me the domed version makes sense. I still get “edges” when I blend with the mini tool. I think it’s really smart of Scrapbook to make them usable with the TH handles. I wonder how he feels about it?

Meanwhile the makeup brushes...meh. I like them if I’m going for a very light touch but for intense color blending the foam pads discussed above are the best IMO.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Scrapbook.com had/has a video on the new Lawn Fawn shammy holder. The holes are in the top and it's supposed to keep the shammy damp longer than just tossing it on your desk. Also the air penetration with the cover allows it to dry w/o it growing mildewy or whatever. I almost ordered one but then decided it would would just one more thing to keep up with.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Thanks Pam. I can see where it would be handy to have a dedicated place for the shammy on your desk, especially to keep it from getting other things damp.