stamp platforms

Keitha

stamp platforms

Post by Keitha »

What do you all use to really clean a stamp platform? Mine is by WeRMemoryKeepers, so with the hinged lid I don't think I want to immerse it in soapy water.
And speaking of WRMK, any further reviews of the new all-in-one tool from those of you who've had it awhile now? Worth it? Too fiddly? Work as well as a dedicated trimmer/punch board/stamp press, etc?
pamcook

Re: stamp platforms

Post by pamcook »

Sometimes I use a Mr. Clean magic eraser (when they're really bad). Typically Dawn dish soap works for me. I've heard several people say they toss their blocks in the dishwasher. My dishwasher has been broken for YEARS so I can't test that theory.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

never thought about putting my blocks in the dishwasher... I might have to test that..

My Misti has some permanent ink on it from somewhere... most wet stuff comes off with a baby wipe.. I may try alcohol or nail polish remover with acetone... or I may even try some Staz-On ink cleaner. I'll let you know how that all works.. LOL ... for right now.. it's just going to stay inky
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I would avoid anything with acetone Debi. It will eat the plastic.

Keitha, I just use baby wipes or alcohol wipes after I mess it up with inks. Also try hand sanitizer. Stazon ink cleaner could be used to get permanent inks off possibly.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

I've used baby wipes and hand sanitizer on mine, and when I was using archival ink I used that cleaner to remove the ink. When I use actual cleaner I go back over it with a baby wipe to remove the residue from it.

I second Farley's caution about acetone!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Alcohol can etch the acrylic sometimes. Hand sanitizer works really well - I knew there was something else!
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Hand sanitizer! Thanks ladies; I knew I'd heard about something common, but couldn't remember what. I need to put a little bottle in the Glitter Grotto as typically I only use the stuff if actually washing my hands isn't an option.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Keitha wrote:Hand sanitizer! Thanks ladies; I knew I'd heard about something common, but couldn't remember what. I need to put a little bottle in the Glitter Grotto as typically I only use the stuff if actually washing my hands isn't an option.
I'm not sure why some people say no alcohol but promote using hand sanitizer which has a high alcohol content. I have used it quite a bit over the past year and my blocks seem to work just fine. It was nice to get them all clean again.
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Yes, I thought of the alcohol content in hand sanitizer. I'd probably wipe them after with a baby wipe or something.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

paddlegal wrote:I would avoid anything with acetone Debi. It will eat the plastic.
It depends on the composition of the plastic.... if it's a similar formula to acetone, then it could damage it... if it's a different composition, then it's fine. So... you'd have to test it on a small part before going hog wild. It works like a charm to remove permanent marker from any laminate surfaces... like school desktops.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I thought it was the lanolin in some baby wipes to not use.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Keitha wrote:What do you all use to really clean a stamp platform? Mine is by WeRMemoryKeepers, so with the hinged lid I don't think I want to immerse it in soapy water.
And speaking of WRMK, any further reviews of the new all-in-one tool from those of you who've had it awhile now? Worth it? Too fiddly? Work as well as a dedicated trimmer/punch board/stamp press, etc?

It took a little bit of getting used to since I'd been using separate tools, but I can truly say that I love it. I just wish they sold replacement magnets because one of my magnet holders broke. I was watching a demo (Penny Black demo maybe?) and they had made a holder out of painter's tape. I might try that - having that little "tail" to pick up the magnet is wonderful. I'll still keep the Misti in case I want to stamp something larger than a card, but this works great and doesn't take a ton of space.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Thanks for the update Pam. I'm sure I'm not the only one to jump on the bandwagon with a new tool, only to find after using it awhile it's not all that. I'm glad to hear this one's a keeper.
Monica

Post by Monica »

jmp1022 wrote:I thought it was the lanolin in some baby wipes to not use.
It is. You have to read the ingredients to make sure they aren't listed. I find that the cheaper the wipes, the less chance they have lanolin. And avoid anything that says soothing, soft, moist... that kind of thing usually means lanolin.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I use the heavy Purple Tape to hold all my magnets. That handle is a must and helps if they make contact with each other. Easy to separate that way.
FARLEY in Sacramento