Ink pads... it was time

A great location for discussions about all things organizational. From supplies to creations - how do you keep your crafts organized?
Keitha

Ink pads... it was time

Post by Keitha »

Tackled the organizing/purging of ink pads this weekend as they no longer all fit in the allotted space - although truthfully the little ColorBox ones have lived elsewhere for awhile now. I reach first for Distress or DO inks unless I need a specialty ink like VersaMark. So although the colours are all a little bit different I'm pulling them all - Archival inks, SU inks, coloured StazOn, chalk inks, etc - and will put them away in a box to get rid of in a couple months if I haven't missed them in the interim. I'll keep white, gold and silver pigment inks and Archival, VersaFine and Brilliance blacks - the latter is a fast-drying pigment ink for vellum. Maybe, with everything else out of the way, I'll remember I have it! Rather than spend time testing them I'm purging the various other embossing inks I have, as VersaMark works fine. While in the past I've liked to have duplicates of basics for when I had crafty company, I'm only keeping extra VersaMark and Archival black pads in case I take them to crops and they don't come home with me. Lots of room on the shelf now.
Attachments
ink pad storage_r.jpg
ink pad storage_r.jpg (241.25 KiB) Viewed 682 times
paddlegal

Re: Ink pads... it was time

Post by paddlegal »

Isn’t that a great feeling to have them purged, organized and easy to access? I am now so happy with my ink situation and it’s accessibility.

Yay you Keitha!
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

That’s wonderful! :clap:
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

You have room for more, just sayin’! :clap: :P :P
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Debbie J wrote:You have room for more, just sayin’! :clap: :P :P
Don't remind me. I did think that I might need a set or two of coordinating colours for layering stamps, but am going to try really hard to ignore that voice in my head.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

That can't be all the inkpads you own, is it???
Even I have more than that!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

mpizzazz wrote:That can't be all the inkpads you own, is it???
Even I have more than that!
It is now Marianne. But those shelves, stacked 4 high and 3 rows deep, hold a total of 48 Distress ink pads each.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Try the technique (I referenced a while back) where you use Unicorn White with 1 color of ink to get different shades (for layering stamping). I found it on Jennifer McGuire's site.

I got straight A's in English, btw.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

pamcook wrote:Try the technique (I referenced a while back) where you use Unicorn White with 1 color of ink to get different shades (for layering stamping). I found it on Jennifer McGuire's site.

I got straight A's in English, btw.
So did I. :lol:

I'm getting ready to purge some inks, too. I look at some of them and say "Why do I have this?" It just seemed like a good idea at the time. :oops:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com