My loot

Debbie J

My loot

Post by Debbie J »

From the Mesa Stamp Show! The embossing powders were only 3.00 each and the Catherine Pooler inks were 5.50 and no shipping!! Yay Its tomorrow too so might go back and get more of her inks.
Attachments
54DF1481-B98F-4D7D-8850-2F8538A1DF57.jpeg
54DF1481-B98F-4D7D-8850-2F8538A1DF57.jpeg (102.37 KiB) Viewed 443 times
paddlegal

Re: My loot

Post by paddlegal »

Oooooohhh Debbie! Love your color selection and those feather stamps are awesome. Did you go back for more CP colors? I have really gone over to using CP inks almost exclusively. I still keep my Distress Oxides on my desk along with all varieties of black ink and embossing ink. The rest have been put away and some day gone altogether. I’ll probably donate them to grandkids’ school.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Great palette of ink colors! I like your stamp & die set as well. Which brand?
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Nice haul Debbie, love the feather stamps and dies!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pamcook wrote:Great palette of ink colors! I like your stamp & die set as well. Which brand?

I know that logo...”Local King Stamps”. They are always at the shows and I usually buy something from them.

Debbie, Peppermint Scrub and Juniper Mist are on my favorites list.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I didn't even look at the logo. Local King Rubber Stamp is a Canadian company. Although based in BC I often see them in Ontario and have also bought from them in the past. Debbie, did you watch them demo some stamps? I'm always impressed with how she can colour a stamp in what appears to be a haphazard way with markers, and get a lovely image as a result. Of course I can't imagine how many thousands of times she's done exactly the same thing demo-ing at shows. Love that they now have dies as well.
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Yes, I saw that Keitha. It was really cool, but I didn’t get those markers. They were flying off the shelves tho. A lot of these places that are at these shows are charging up to 5.00 for a make no take nowadays. They used to be free. Also they charge 8.00 just to get in the door. I did hear a couple vendors say they weren’t coming back next year because it was slow. It looked busy to me but I’m sure there is a lot of expense for them.
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

great colors
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
radloffjen

Post by radloffjen »

The Mesa Show is lots of fun. Make-and-Takes go from free to $5.00. Tickets are cheaper if purchased ahead of time, online charges a fee of $1 to process order. There used to be many more companies represented. Some like to go only once a year instead to both shows each year. I make a list of what I want to get and then see what else I fall in love with! One of the problems that I've seen with the show is that people buy (over a few years) the stamps from a company that they like, then not being interested in more of the same sort of thing, don't purchase. Judikins was not there this year and she usually has a lot of supplies. The guy that I buy tape from was there, and he was sponsoring Stampscapes which are the rubber only (no backing), but he does sell the cling backing if you want to do that (which I did). One of the things I also like is that if you have a problem, you can go to the company and they will help you with any problems. I lost one of my card samples from last year, and I brought my not-right mock up, which the person recognized and made sure that I had the measurements, and a new sample (although the stamps used were different) and that I got it correct to reproduce at home. Many companies have websites and/or a fb site and will be willing to help there too. It's a great way to get inspired again!!!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I totally missed the stamp show in town this year. Forgot about it. I think I went birding that day, LOL. But I was a bit sorry to have missed it even though my wallet was happy.

JudiKins has always been a favorite of mine and I’ve taken day long classes with her at one of the remaining stamp stores here. She’s a great technique teacher and I always stock up with her supplies. She actually had her full shop set up for us to shop in during the class. Very dangerous.
FARLEY in Sacramento