My Week - How's Yours???

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
paddlegal

Re: My Week - How's Yours???

Post by paddlegal »

Pam you exhaust me! I hope this means you are feeling better. The paint choice sounds wonderful.

I had a rather awesome day today. Bob has a trombone lesson on Saturdays. His teacher comes to our house. A perfect time for me to go birding though I was out in the middle of Yolo Bypass Wildlife Area at 7 am, well before the lesson, LOL. Beautiful weather, 1000s of geese and ducks on the move or loafing, little birds singing but the best are these two beauties I had the incredible good luck to find. A Short-eared Owl and an American Bittern. Then home to regroup and find time to make this card from the recent CP release.

Thanks for looking and indulging your goofy birder friend. Can you tell I am still pumped by these birds?
Attachments
2919B079-DA1D-4194-9E98-39C38E2281B1.jpeg
2919B079-DA1D-4194-9E98-39C38E2281B1.jpeg (55.38 KiB) Viewed 339 times
425DD76E-D8C2-47E6-B73E-F8C1E6616FE2.jpeg
425DD76E-D8C2-47E6-B73E-F8C1E6616FE2.jpeg (82.58 KiB) Viewed 339 times
3DE0E082-5537-4B31-A99F-8DBDF658B117.jpeg
3DE0E082-5537-4B31-A99F-8DBDF658B117.jpeg (67.18 KiB) Viewed 339 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Nice captures, Farley! That's a lovely card as well.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I saw your photos on FB, Farley, and they were wonderful. For me a good birding day is spotting a migrator that I don't normally see here, like the Cedar Waxwing. That's why I love the trips to the lake so much - new birds!
Your winter card is perfect, especially now that we have (finally) lower temps here.

As for the activity yesterday - the only trips were to Lowes and around the yard with Apollo on the leash and with the fencing contractors. I did all of my shopping online - if the chair isn't comfortable, it'll be perfect in the guest room AFTER Chris moves out and I can put my furniture back in there. :lol: Other than that little bit of exercise, I behaved and rested the knee. No ladders, no steps - I used the ramp every time I went off of the deck- no lifting. I even took the golf cart to the mailbox. boring boring boring doing so little!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Perfect for taking time to make your Christmas cards.
pbp908 wrote:I saw your photos on FB, Farley, and they were wonderful. For me a good birding day is spotting a migrator that I don't normally see here, like the Cedar Waxwing. That's why I love the trips to the lake so much - new birds!
Your winter card is perfect, especially now that we have (finally) lower temps here.

As for the activity yesterday - the only trips were to Lowes and around the yard with Apollo on the leash and with the fencing contractors. I did all of my shopping online - if the chair isn't comfortable, it'll be perfect in the guest room AFTER Chris moves out and I can put my furniture back in there. :lol: Other than that little bit of exercise, I behaved and rested the knee. No ladders, no steps - I used the ramp every time I went off of the deck- no lifting. I even took the golf cart to the mailbox. boring boring boring doing so little!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO